Huggies Forum

Young Mum's Lock Rss

Hope im not to late
hey i was 18 when i have a litte girl on the 9-11-04.
she is like 4 1/2 months old now i was shocked when i found out i the having a baby but it was all worth it, i wouldnt have my life any other way now.
did mia's dad stay around?? if you dont want to answer you dont have too

Jezika'sMum

Hey there
I had my son when i had just turned 18. It was really hard as I graduated high school 5mths pregnant, but luckily one of my closest friends also was pregnant. Our 1st borns are exactly 12weeks and 1 day apart ( my son is older than her daughter). They say you do as your friends do.

We both attend a young mums group, I am not sure where exactly you are from but Im from brisbane. You should maybe see if you have one in your area. Its really good to be able to talk to people your own age and get advice if its needed.

mel, qld, tristan 4

Hey,
My name is Bec, im 19. I had my son Rhylee 2weeks before my 18th birthday. He is now 16months. mooah88 thats great that you're still in school. Maybe if you go to the hospital and ask them about young mum's groups, or if you have some sort of family assistance or support centre around near you that might be a good idea to look into for other young mums.

Its not really an uncommon thing for couples to barely see much of each other after having children, ive had 4 big relationships break up now since ive had my son, because i dont have time to fit baby, me, boyfriend, friends and family all in one go but i still prefer just me and my lil man.

BeC TeeN MuM oF RHYLee BoRN 11/12/03

Hi everyone

im also a young mum i had y son when i was 17.
im now 18 and my son is 8 months.
i didnt get to finish school but i hope in the next few years i will be able to.

i was wondering if any of you other young mums have troubles with your babys father not spending time with your bubbas.
my partner does nothing for our son and he says it because he has no patience.

sorry to whinge on.

Carly

carly,nsw,7 1/2 mth baby

WOW carly we have the same 'nickname' on here so this could get confusing for other ppl smile Anyway i am not that young but i had my son at 22 and i love him to bits!! his dad does heaps for him so luckily i don't that problem!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hey Carly,
YES i have that problem too. my ex does NOTHING when Rhylee stays with him he says the same thing that he has no patience. His parents do completely everything, they pay for daycare and everything. They love to have Rhylee as much as they can, but i feel bad because he is their grandson not son. But what to do? if you say he can only go if daddys takes care of him, it so not gonna happen.

The thing i dont get it all the guys i know who have daughters are completely devoted to them, and all the ones with boys just dont wanna know about it....

hi guys,
i just turned 16 with my first,had my second 14 months later and had my third just after my 21st birthday i am now almost 24 and my fourth is due in about 12 weeks and i married my man just after my 18th bithday we have been together for nine years now and married for nearly six.

i know what you all mean about people critising you about your age i get it all the time maybe its the amount of kids i have i would never change it for the world as i love them to bits.my husbands two children from a previous also live with us.the eldest is 15 and the other one is 10.

we all must think we had children younge but my cousin who is younger than me had her first baby
when she was twelve and her boyfriend was thirteen and she does a reasonable job she is now 17 and about to have her third so you can probably imagin what sort of things people say to her
well better go
take care and good luck
seonee

(sony) mother and stepmother to five children

WOW Seonee, Congratulations.
You must be an amazing mum and step mum, and an inspiration to alot of other young mums. Im speechless, i dont know how you did it but your amazing.

thanks teeN-MuM,
just being a mum,im sure if all you guys out there if you had to do it im sure you would all manage fine,just wondering if any of you have family to help,as i dont, i dont speak to any of mine except my inlaws,my familys that bad i moved state.yes i get lonley but i dont think i would change it for any other way.well guys good to hear from you and you all deserve a medal as being a parant at any age must be a challange

take care
seonee

wow seonee you must be a great mum.Congrats on your new baby on the way.Im also a young mum il be 21 next month and i have two boys the oldest 5 so i was 15.Yeah some people sad some rude things but then there were others that made you feel a great sence of pride.
My partner and i are still together but are in bad times cause of a mistake he made so i might be on my own soon.Just want to know if any of you young mum are doing it on your own and is it hard.
kim
thanks tigerlilly202,
i think being a young mum has its advantages as you can keep up with them a lot longer and you can probably relate to some of their feelings alot better as you remember them more cleary from when you were that young.

i cant comment on being single but i hope you dont have to go through that as it wont be easy but for some it has its advantages like being able to go out when you want,do what you want as i know some mums can be tied down,but like i said i hope it doesnt get to that stage.

chin up and take every day as it comes. at the end of the day you have your little ones and i'm sure they will give you lots of love

seonee

Hey Kim,
Im sorry to hear about you and your partner being in hard time. I broke up with Rhylee's dad when i was pregnant, i had a boyfriend when rhylee was about 3months old up until her was 7months old, and he helped out a fair bit with small things, while i was sort of still getting the hang of having to juggle everything like an octopus, but after we broke up i had the hang of it all, and now im fine, i still live at home but thats nothing coz my mum and sister work ALL the time, so its like my house anyway, but we are doing great, yeah it does get really hard sometimes, i dont really have my family for support because they are never here but i have one amazing best friend so her and my son get me through all the hard times.

But anyway good luck with everything i hope it all goes ok.

Sign in to follow this topic