Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

OLD WIVES TALES? U GOT ANY? Lock Rss

If the shape of your stomach is round and even, then its a girl.

If the shape of your stomach is oval and sticks out more, then its a boy.

I looked like I was carrying a long watermelon when I was pregnant, and I had a boy!

Dylan 07/07/06 & Ryan 17/10/08

The ring test if it spins its a girl if it goes up and down its a boy, i tried this before i knew what i was having and i was spining found out bout a week later that i was having a girl so dunno.
Ok a few wives tales I have heard are: If the heart beat is lower then its a boy, if you have more pimples than usual while pregnant you are having a girl because of extra hormones. If the hairs on your legs grow faster while pregnant then its a girl. If you conceive with your pillow facing south then you will have a girl.
I had morning sickness for 5 months and had a girl. I also had heart burn about a week before I gave birth and my daughter was born with almost a full bob of hair.
hi
my grandma says that daughters usually have the same pregnancy as their mothers. My mum didn't put on much weight with me and had morning sickness. I was the same. But my sister put on a lot of weight-b4 baby she was skinnier then me, but she didn't have m/s.

love my boys

What does it mean if your bum gets bigger and you're not pregnant???

i heard that if you walk behind your baby and they are following you with their eyes that they will go crosseyed.
i have really enjoyed reading these old wives tales, very funny and entertaining.

also when i was pregnant alot of people told me not to reach up high like when hanging out the washing to lower the clothesline as reaching up will cause the umbilical cord to go round the bubs neck! don't know if that is true, but i don't think so, as when i was nesting i was cleaning fans and curtains and my bub was just fine

If your left bum cheek hangs lower than your right its a girl - if your right hangs lower than its a boy!!!

But how often do we look at our butts!!!

i was really sick during my first pregnancy... i had hyperemesis, and reflux. i had to give up vegemite!(i know how tragic) anyway, dd was born with a thick head of hair. Its amazing. so yeah, thats 2 old wives tales true for me!

Monique, 25/6/06 and Ezekiel, 17/10/07, Qld

When I was pregnant with Skye I was bigger than what I was when I was carrying Hayley and a few ppl kept saying to me that "it must be a boy coz you're so big" one lady at playgroup kept saying "I know its a boy coz of how you're carrying (I was carrying low but I was low when I was pregnant with Hayley too). Anyway, my baby is a girl so proved 'em all wrong.

Cassie, mum to Hayley and Skye

That its bad luck to bring the pram home until baby born...My mum wouldnt let me bring our pram home til after bub was born....2 other women told me that too..

me to about the pram i got my pram four my 1st on the way home from hos and my 2nd .now my 3rd i brought one when he was 5 days old. what we listen to.....
Posted by: Tarz308
That its bad luck to bring the pram home until baby born...My mum wouldnt let me bring our pram home til after bub was born....2 other women told me that too..
too much chocolate?
Posted by: MishMish
What does it mean if your bum gets bigger and you're not pregnant???
Sign in to follow this topic