Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Stories
  5. 'Small for dates' & I.U.G.R. babies

'Small for dates' & I.U.G.R. babies Lock Rss

Any mums out there who've had 'small for dates' or I.U.G.R babies? If so, it'd be great to hear how their doing.

I had a complicated pregnancy, threatened to go into early labour, had periods till 6 months & was told at ante natal check ups that my daughter was 'small for dates'. My daughter was born 2 weeks early by emergency c section weighing 4lb 13 ounces or 2180g & had suffered inter uterine growth retardation because I had been bleeding.

She's now 7 months old, 18lbs, eats everything, is sitting up & rolling over but not crawling yet, 'talks' non stop, has 2 teeth & is a real cutie!

Rach

Rachel, NSW, Stephanie born 22/9/04

Hey Rach, I was told my daughter was I.U.G.R when I was 7 months pregnant!!! i had visions of an out of proportion baby, and all the likes. It isn't based on the weight of the baby as such, but the measurements of the thigh bone, the head circumference, and more importantly the measurement of the stomach.

I had high blood pressure from 30 weeks, which more than likely didn't make the situation any better ahahah!! I too ended up with an emergency caesar two days of due date, but not before an induction and 7 hours of horrid hard and fast labour, whilst failing to dialte!! bubs got distressed, and before we knew it we were in theatre about to become parents!!!

My girl was born 6 pound tiny build tiny everything and was only 200 grms off being in SCU anyways. Mckenzie is now 9 1/2 months old, 16 1/2 pounds eats lots too is always on the move!!!!!!!! love to chat, but only has one tooth hahah im eagerly awaiting the rest!! but like you would've realised, there is nothing wrong with them now!!! hahaha infact their more than making up for it!! haha I was being scanned weekly so if she stopped growing they wre going to make me have her as no earlier than 35 weeks, so I was always a ticking time bomb, but in the end, my placenta was dying pretty damn fast, and I was on high doses of blood pressure pills.

Anyways im glad to hear thigns are going well for you now!!

Take care Love Kel and Mckenzie xoxoxo

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

Hi Girls,
Well I don't remember much about the technical info but apparently on the hos report that is what it says.
All I remember was having a routine scan at 32 weeks and being told they were worried about the growth of one of the babies and they suggested I go home and pack and get myself to hospital.
After a few scans and test two days later another scan and told call your hubby we need to get them out NOW.
I have twin boys born at 32 weeks. 1 was 1.2kgs(2pd 6 ozs) the other 2.4 kgs(5.5 pds). the smaller one had only grown .2 of a kg in 6 weeks so therefore wipping them out damn fast b4 he dwindled away to nothing. He now weighs 5.1kgs and the other one 6.9kgs
both are doing quite well one being on the smaller side the other you wouldn't even know he was premmie.

Good luck with your little ones seems like you are both doing a great job.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hey Kelly & Janelle,

Thanks for responding, it's great to hear that your bubs are doing well. Keep in touch & let me know how they're going.

Best wishes

Rach

Rachel, NSW, Stephanie born 22/9/04

Hi Rach,

I had twins @ 36 weeks, emergency caesar due to pre-eclampsia ( they were always going to be caesar due to both breech). Tom had undiagnosed IUGR and he was 1.75kg. Madeline was 2.25kg. They are now both just over 10kg but they are the same weight as my friends baby (born term 8'6oz) They are both taller than him to. Madeline has a hearing impairement but that wasn't due to the pregnancy.

Sue

Susan twinmum boy/girl Oct 2003

Hi Rachel,

My twins were induced at 38 weeks as my Obs had been closely monitoring twinII for weeks. She was 2kg compared to boy at 3kg. At 1yo she was 8 1/2 and he was 10kg. I have been very lucky, other than her first few days in special care, there does not seem to be any side effects of being IUGR.

I do have one concern. She has a tendency to wake up screaming. My sister-in-law had her twins at 33wk, and seems to think they are more prone to nightmares because they were in ICU.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic