Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. WHAT TYPE OF BOOSTER SEAT?

WHAT TYPE OF BOOSTER SEAT? Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

Just getting in early as I'm due in May with baby number 3 and have been thinking about the car seat situation. The twins will be 2 years and 10 months when the baby is born and so still in car seats. I really don't want to have to go and buy another capsule/seat if I can help it. Can anyone help with some of these questions please?

What is a good age to go into a booster seat?
What kind of booster seat is best? ie:with the back or without?

I certainly don't want to jepardise(sp?) their safety but I'm not convinced that 3 solid car seats will fit in our car. We have a Holden Vectra hatchback and we're not in a position to replace it either.

Hope some of you can shed some light on this for me.

Cheers!

twinboys & a princess

We have three in the back too, One full car seat, one in a Mothers choice Booster, full backed, best if they fall asleep in the car-daughter aged 3 1/2 18kgs when she went into it.

Most booster seats are just as wide, there is not much room in between, but we are not buying a bus, we have a falcon forte, My older son sits in between the two. Just have to make sure the family does not extend any more!!!

Maybe you could buy a second hand one if your twins are not around the 18 kg mark?

In four months I will have a Safe&Sound full-backed booster seat (DS will be 3y8months and is already 17kgs), a S&S Maxi rider forwards facing seat (DD will be 18 months) and a S&S Sleep-and Recline in rearward facing position. I have a Magna Wagon which only just fits them in.

If your looking for a smaller seat I've heard the S&S Compact is the smallest. As for moving the twins to boosters, they have to be at least 14kgs (they recommend not until 17/18kgs) and for smaller children the full backed are better as they have a seatbealt guide which keeps the belt in the right position accross their shoulder. The seat only ones are more for older children I think.

Good Luck smile .

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

Sign in to follow this topic