Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. 'the no-cry sleep solution'

'the no-cry sleep solution' Lock Rss

Hi
I have just had a major break through - my little 9mth old boy woke up only once last night - YAY!
I owe it to a book called the 'the no-cry sleep solution' by Elizabeth Pantley. Jasper was waking up between 5 to 8 times in the night, not because he was hungry, but to be breastfed back to sleep. I tried controlled crying once, but I knew that I couldn't let my baby cry.
This book guided me to help my little boy learn to fall asleep on his own and there were no tears. So now I get the best of both worlds, I still have my baby co-sleep with me, I get better night sleeps as well and I don't feel like a 24hr milk bar.
Totally recommend it.
Karen

baby boy, 12/03

Hi Karen
What did you have to do instead of letting him cry

and how long did it take to work?

Maryb

Michael, Vic, Born 11-12-03

hey i'd love to know too! my son is not a bad sleeper, but we're trying to get him to put himself to sleep too ... any help would be greatly appreciated! where did you get the book from? what price is it? thanx

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi

So sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, but if your still interested.
I began to see a difference in Jasper a week into it. He has gone from waking anything from 5 to 8 times to just once. To me it is (as with controlled crying) perseverence, alot of reassuring and comforting, with small keywords or noises. The book explains many different scenarios to suit. With me Jasper co-sleeps with me and I don't have an issue with it, but he was using me as a 24hr milk bar and the broken sleep was killing me. So she touches on that as well.
Two of the mothers in my play-group are referring to it as well and seem to be getting results.
I purchased the book from Angus and Roberts for $29.95.

Anyway Good Luck
Karen

baby boy, 12/03

Sign in to follow this topic