Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. Urgent help with Hair Straightner!

Urgent help with Hair Straightner! Lock Rss

Hiya,
My beloved MUSTA Hair straightner had a bit of a fall tonight, and is now in peices sad
(thanks darling Hubby!!! slap slap slap) lol

SO.... i need to get a new one, i need a good one. I have really really thick and very curly hair, and it can get frizzy sometimes, so i need a good Hair Straightner! I generally dry my hair first then straighten it.

Please help with any recommendations!

3 Little Ones to Love.....

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol you must of been devastated!!

I have a Remington Wet to Dry or just the normal thick head one (ceramic). I have really thick curly hair and my hair looks great when im done!

I highly recommend remington brand which the wider head on it smile and different settings for fine to thick hair!
yep, totally crushed! I nearly cried! i love my MUSTA! im just trying to find if i can get the same again, but not having much luck sad
I have used the Remington wet to dry, and it was ok, but i think i am so use to the Musta sad
I still found that i had to go over and over with the remington, and could only do very small section at a time... Maybe it wasnt the same one though...

im just looking into the GHD straighteners, Does anybody have one of these? i want to compare it to a MUSTA

i had the wet to dry and gave it to my sister (was a joint xmas present) when i moved out and i recently bought a remington which looks exactly the same but you cant use it on wet hair. I think personally it works better!! It gets hotter too lol.

No idea about the GHD
Oh you poor thing!!
I have a Muster, have had it for years and would not be without it.
I bought mine from TVSN and I think they still sell them.

Also, my best friend is a hair dresser and she swears by the GHD. My sister has one of these and she loves hers too..

Good luck...
I got my MUSTER from Hair Warehouse in Melbourne, i have seen one near here, so tomorrow i might go have a look for one.
Who stocks GHD?

BTW, inside the hair straightener is weird, there is like a red thing, that looks like a strip of thick celephane paper twirled in half, and then a gold plate thing! its not at all what i thought it would be like inside! Not that i really had any idea of what it was going to look like!

I have seen that Stefan hairdressers advertising a $75 trade in on your old hair straighteners, for a new one, and i THINK it may be GHD. maybe i superglue it all together and take it in and ask for a trade in LOL!

Interesting about what is inside a hair straightner.LOL!

I think I may have seen somewhere that Myer stock both GHD and the Muster, so that might be worth a shot..
Thank you! i think i will go there first thing in the morning, ( with curly hair too! hehe)
GHD is looking good so far! i have been researching it on net just now...

Yeah, my friend and my sister thinks the GHD is the best hair straightner ever!!
But, like you, I love my Muster...LOL
So, I reckon, if you can get your hands on either, you'll be happy!!!
I do have one timy dislike about the Muster though, it pinches my hair on the sides, its a pain in the ass! it happens to all my friends aswell, Maybe they have fixed the problem with it wiht the newer models.

DH knocked my hair dryer off the holder a few months ago, and the end broke off, but i can still use it ok! But i might get me a new one too! I need my own bathroom!

I have a GHD, and could not live without it! My DH bought it for me 3 years ago, and it was the best present ever.

He got mine from my hairdressers. A lot of the up market trendy salons have them.

Good luck, I feel your pain!

Mummy to one big little man!!

I have a GHD, my DH also got me mine 3 years ago for xmas. He bought it from a salon. It was about $300 i think, but worth it - i have long hair and it only takes me 10 mins to do and its dead straight. I highly recommend it.

DS1 2006 - DS2 2008

Sign in to follow this topic