Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

HOPE I DIDDNT OVER REACT Rss

Well here is my sad and sorry tale !! lol lol

We have a little boy over the road from us who is nearly 8 ..he has the mental capasity of a thre year old and talks very much the same !! In saying this he plays so well with Luke and Luke just loves him to pieces !! he is always going on about how fat Lukes bum is ( nappy bum !!! lol lol ) and he gives it a smack ...really playfull and nothing siniser !

today they came over to play and Luke is potty training so he was in a pair of training pants and we were outside playing (our house is full of carpet ....who can toilet train with carpet ?????) anyway he was constantly pulling Lukes pants down and looking at his willy ....first time was kinda like "righto now we have all seen it we can put it away" and I was smiling but a bit nervous .....this little boy just kept on doing it adn then he started touching his willy ...I dont hink there was any malace in it and I know it was all innocent ...but he just wouldnt listen to me when I told him not to do it !! So I ended up getting really cross with him and his mum just sat there and watched !!! I was really peeved ......I should have just took Luke inside and put a nappy on him but he was telling me when he wanted to wee and I diddnt want to stuff that up !!!

I did get really mad at him and Luke wasnt concerned at all with everybody looking at his doodle lol lol ...but I just felt I need to protect him from stuff and I am a bit sensitive to this sort of stuff !!! did I do the wront thing but gettign mad .....do I owe his mum an appoligy ?????

I don't think that you did anything wrong. If you asked him not to do it and his mum was there, she should have made him stop.

All kids will look at each others bits at some point, but they should be able to take direction and stop when they are asked to.

Especially considering the age gap, I really think that his mum should have put a stop to it.
No I dont think you need to apologise seriously his mother should have said something I can understand he has a disability but he needs to learn what is and isnt appropriate. I would have been furious that his mother didnt pull him up. You shouldnt have to stop toilet training because of a child whos parent wont teach him right from wrong. I would be hesitant about having the child over again.
Cheers Ness
she jsut sat there Mary ..he is a handfull of a child and I know the struggle she is having keeping him out of the special school .......but am I being really nasty when I say I dont want Lukes best friend to be a boy who has special needs and is 7 years older than him and he likes looking a his willy ???

I know this is sounding horrible ...but he is a huge influance on Luke and he copies everything this little boy does ......I dont want Luke thinking this is something you can do at Day care !!!!!!
Oh Frances, the mother should have said something, that is terrible that you had to, she should know that kind of behaviour is not on.

Hope you are ok.
No Frances, you didn't overreact at all. I understand the little boy has got a mental delay, but his mum should have told him not to do it, or taken him aside and explained to him why you dont touch other poeple in private parts.

I wouldn't apologise, but I ouwld go and talk to her and just say, it made you uncomfortable for her little boy to be doing that to Luke, and if she could please put a stop to it next time it is happening.

It is probably not sinister, and having a mental capacity of a three year old he is probably just curious, but his mum does need to nip it in the bud.
Hi, I have a Luke too!! hehe

Did his mum seem bothered by your reaction? She should have intervened and told him it was inappropiate tho. Depending on his mental disability, he may not understand when to stop etc.?

Im the same as you, am very sensitive to that kind of stuff..I cant believe his mum wouldnt say anything??!! Whats with that??
What can you do i guess..Just make sure all visits are supervised by yourself, and maybe try and distract the 8 yr old with sumthing else?

I wouldnt like it either regardless of the innocence...just not appropiate..

DS1,5yrs,DS2 2.5yrs..I love my beautiful boys!!

Your right Mele ....I am not for one min thinking that my son has been molested or anyting reotly like that ......but he was touching him and I told him to stop

If she is still talking to me I will go and tell her ...she will surely say I am being stupid but that is up to her ...I wont have this happen right in frount of my eyes !!!!
you have nothing to feel terrible about, the mother should have been trying to teach him that you dont do that sort of thing. could you try talking to her about it and tell her that you felt very uncomfortable with what happened?
Posted by: luke'smum
she jsut sat there Mary ..he is a handfull of a child and I know the struggle she is having keeping him out of the special school .......but am I being really nasty when I say I dont want Lukes best friend to be a boy who has special needs and is 7 years older than him and he likes looking a his willy ???

I know this is sounding horrible ...but he is a huge influance on Luke and he copies everything this little boy does ......I dont want Luke thinking this is something you can do at Day care !!!!!!

Not at all Frances. You don't want Luke to be influenced in a bad way and that is totally understandable.

I would just put a stop to their playing together if it is making you uncomfortable. I am sure that there are plenty of other ways for Luke to get the social interaction he needs.
his mum got a bit snooty when I got really amd at the little boy adn told him if he did it again he will ahve to sit on the naughty stair or go home !!!!

she just said "come on were leaving !!!!"....that's why I was wondering if I went to far with trying to disap,ine someone elses child !!
If she is trying to keep him out of a special school then she really needs to work on appropriate behaviours with him. If he was to do something like this in the boys bathrooms at school it would cause a major issue and give them grounds to remove him from main stream schools and refer her to a special needs school. If he isnt taught now what sort of adult will he become....scary thought I know but it is very possible.
Ness
Sign in to follow this topic