Huggies Forum

Is this an old wives tale? Rss

Hi there,

I am hoping to get some feed back from mums who have had more than one baby...

I have a 14.5 month old daughter and I am 17.5 weeks pregnant with my second baby, due July 30.

My first born was such an easy baby in every sense, she hardly cried and made first time motherhood very, very easy for me.

Now that I am on the way to having baby number 2 a few people have said "Youv'e had your easy baby... here comes the difficult one, no one ever gets 2 easy babies in a row...)

I am wondering what other mums have experienced? Is this an old wives tale, or am I on my way to having a difficult baby?

All replies greatly appreciated smile
Hi Maddychelle

It's definantly an old wives tale I have 2 kids and they were both Angels as babies & most of the time still are now, although they are two totally different kids.

So don't belive it

See Ya

Bec
Hi

I would say its a old wives tale although others might tell you different.
I have two boys, I feel both were easy babies the second one is really easy, you are more aware the second time around, you are already aware of motherhood so you are just concentrate on your precious new baby.

Good luck, two can be a challenge at times but on the whole lots of fun.

Tracy

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

Hi Bec and Tracy,

Thanks for your replies...
It is all a big learning experience I guess.

Having baby number 1 gave me some concerns and now having baby number 2 gives me a whole new set of concerns.

Hope I am blessed with another beautiful easy baby.
my 1st was so easy thw 2nd was good too but didint sleep as well but they are both pretty good now usually anyway no3 is a perfect angel septh all he nite onhis 1st nite at home meke the most of the babies

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi as you know I only have one baby but have a lot of friends with more. I had heard the same thing and with a few of my friends it seemed to be right. My cousin said not to worry as all of hers had been great, her thoughts were that people might feel a bit more anxious with the second as you have more of an idea what you are in for and also might be a bit worried about mananging a toddler and a baby and the baby can sense you anxiety and is unsettled which leads to one of those cycles. Don't know how accurate this is but it sounds logical so just relax!!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Michelle,
Hope the pregnancy is still going well. It is just an old wives tale. I have had 3 kids, and all were perfect angles. I did have a few settling hassles with no.3, but once I gave him a dummy, he was fine. He is now 10 months old, and still is a perfect little angel. I was blessed with 3 angles, so I hope you are blessed with another angel too. (Even though they are all angles, just some have a devil temper!)
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Thanks to all the mums who have replied. smile

My pregnancy is going very well. !8 weeks now and I am booked in for my scan in 2 days. I can't wait to see this baby and I am looking forward to finding out the sex too.

Michelle :0
Just wanted to let everyone know we are having a wonderful baby BOY...

Couldn't be happier!!!

Soon we will have the perfect pigeon Pair.

Oh, and we are going to call him William.

Michelle smile
dont worry Michelle, Billy will be the perfect angel, tell anyone who says any different to you to go jump...although i have heard mother nature wants us to have more than one child so we get the good one first.wink.

marianne, Qld , mum cheeky monkey 14months

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Toni and all others who have replied,

Thankyou for your encouraging kind words and thoughts. You have all put my mind at ease.
I found out I have a delightful little boy on the way and as Marianne mentioned we are going to call him William (or Billy for short). Only about 21 weeks till I meet meet angel... Will keep you all up to date.

Thanks again from this happy mum,
Michelle smile
Sign in to follow this topic