Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What's a Young Mum? Change room without chairs!

What's a Young Mum? Change room without chairs! Lock Rss

I was just wondering. How young is a young mum? I had my son 11 days befor my 23rd birthday and was wondering if i am a "young" mum. I get all the your to young looks but feel that i am more then ready to be a mother. my son always has what he needs. why does age matter as long as i do what is best for my bub? i know 16 year olds that are better mum then 30 year olds.
I went to west field on thursday and went to the change foom to bf Ryan and the change room had no chair. Whats the point of having a change room i could have changed him in the stoller.

Sorry just needed to get some things of my chest!!

mum to ryan 10-05-05

hi
I was 22 when i had ashotn and i am 23 now with 2 boys! boy do i get the looks of "too young" but i speak to so many younger mums on here i actually feel old1 lol My boys r happy and have everything they need. I believ no matter how old u r the maternal instinct kicks in and u ca be the best mother u canbe no matter how old u r

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

hi
i had my first when i was 18, second when i was 20 and my 3rd when i was 25. even now i still get the "look". it does annoy but i've also gotten used to it.
when i was pregnant with my first child the first thing my grandfather said was is she getting married. i don't think so.

I know about the young mum thing i've just turned twenty-two and am due with my fourth, my parner is also 22. People automatically assume i'm incompetent but everyone is shocked at how well-behaved my children are. And no we're not married yet, and yes they were all planned and yes we own our own house( on our third actually), no I don't collect single parent on the sly, and no i don't have the kids for the money(what a joke that is, I get a whole $250 a week for three kids, minimum wage is far better.) I had one lady in her late thirties that was being really rude once, and i just turned around and said"yeah but by the time i'm your age my kids will be all grown up and we'll be travelling the world without a care, what have you done with your life that's so special?' She just stood there with her mouth open then walked off without a word, it was hilarious! I always give 'em some back without being rude or swearing, that way they have no comeback.
Most changerooms suck, i find in cairns they're pretty good, but in melbourne they were shocking. one at knox city only had one bottle warmer that took ten minutes, you do the maths with two screaming babies, they must have spent the microwave budget on the granite look benchtops and mood lighting. I think theyre all designed by men.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic