Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. anyone else who's partner is older???

anyone else who's partner is older??? Lock Rss

hi
my partner and i are quite happy together but everytime people find out his age they act negatively. He's 42 and i'm 25. we've been together for nearly 5 yrs now and it's my longest lasting relationship. Why can't people see that we're happy together and the age doesn't bother us. i've known him forever and my kids from a previous relationship call him dad.
i'm just sick of the negativity.

hey i wouldn't worry what other poeple think about your ages!! My partner is 8 years older than me ... alot of my friends have partners that are 5-10 years older. It is quite common these days!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hey all

first i just want to say good on you .... age doesnt mean anything and as the saying goes most women act older than what they are and most men are 10 to 20 years younger lol

My last partner was 10 years older than me and ive married 12 years older with a beautiful little girl. Stereotypes of men cradle snatching is bull. Be happy knowing you found your partner while they still search or break up with theirs!

Scarlett 4 - Hazellyn 1 - Blake born 29.07.09

Hi Nikki,

There is only 6 months between my Hubby and I, however we both find that we get along with people a lot older than us. Our closest friends have 10 years difference between them (he is 43, her 33) and we are just 27. Another of our friends age difference is 18 years(Him- 50, her- 32) They have a great little 16 month old boy, happily married and a very happy couple. I know if I hadn't met my hubby, I would have been looking for a fella who is a bit older, as I seem to be able to talk and get along with them better. You just tell those people who are negative to blow it out of their bum - you are happy - he is happy - the kids are happy - and that is all that matters!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

My husband is 13 years older than me (I'm 30 and he's 43). We've been married for almost 4 years and together for 8. Until he proposed everyone was a bit negative, asking what we saw in each other, but after the engagement party it settled down. Quite a few of DH's mates have younger wives, (but I'm the youngest) ....

On the flip side one of my closest friends dates mainly younger guys (she's 32 and the average age she dates is 22ish)...

It's about who makes you happy, I believe we only have one life so i try to make the most of it. If there are still remarks being made I don't hear them, but I don't really care either because the kind of people who would make them I don't have time for anyway.

Lee

mAy all yOur wiSheS cOmE trUe...

This is soo funny I was actually on MSN 2 nights ago talking to someone about this.
My DH is 42 & i'm 28 so 14 years difference.
We have been together for 12 years married for 10 years.He has a 20 year old to a previous marriage (obviously) We have a 5 year old, 4 year old & a 7 month old he is a terrific Dad & husband & I wouldn't trade him for anything.

My saying is "What other people think of me is none of my business."

His saying is "Your only as old as the woman your feeling" same as Ankies.

And just like Titanic Mums we were @ BigW & DH had gone & sat down with 7 month & an old lady came & sat next to him & asked how old his grandson was he replied 4 months & he is my son lol lady left very quickly.

Just like you we have known each other forever.
If you want to talk more my email is [email protected]

Jodie,7yo,Nearly 6yo,2yo boys & OMG a baby girl

Hi

Great to see this discussion.

There is an 8 year gap between me and my husband. I was sixteen when we started dating and I have never been with anyone else. Sometimes I wonder about what I might have missed. But then some of the stories I have heard from friends and relatives make me think there are a lot of 'experiences' I can do without.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic