Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Does anyone else have issues....???

Does anyone else have issues....??? Lock Rss

I have been shopping today for a gorgeous little suit for my boy for a wedding....now, this is my problem. Why is it that although half the pop is male, the ratio of baby boy to baby girl clothing is ridiiculous!! They have the most gorgeous little girls clothing and then for my little boy, its all big boy styles and dark colours!!
And I'm not interested in putting him in "big boy" clothes for the wedding, I dont want pants and shirt, I want a cuute little boys outfit!! I can never find anything I want for him. I have this image in my mind of what Ii want, and II have been everywhere looking...no luck! Oh well, I did manage to find something I was "somewhat happy" with in Myer (thank goodness for Myer), but I just had to get this out@@!!! It drives me mad!!!
Thanks for listening!

Me, NSW & DS 22.12.04

Hello
I so understand what you are saying. all i have to say is what choice do you have when trying tobuy your little boy something cute. Once he gets above the 00 mark say goodbye to babydom.When you go to a store you have umpteen dozen rows of baby girl clothes and probably 4 rows of baby boy clothes. And as you say they are minuture big guy clothes. hey we still want our little bubs to look like litle bubs not minuture men.

Hi

I have girls but I know what you mean about buying clothes that are suitable for a baby. I like to put my babies in all in ones and other types of real baby suits until they are up and walking around. I have noticed more and more lately how babies and toddlers clothes are made to look similar to what an adult would wear and I don't like it much. Some of the little girls clothing is way too skimpy in my opinion. In saying that though I don't usually have a problem finding something for them to wear that I like!

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

I absolutely agree with everything everyone has said. I also want to add how frustrating it is when you go to buy say a bib, cutlery, a bonds wondersuit or t-shirt etc from Safeway (woolworths), Coles, Myer, David Jones etc and they only ever have girl colours. I looked everywhere at Chadstone on Saturday for a coverall bib for Lachie and all anyone had were pinks and purples. I asked why and was told they always get more girl things in. I asked Coles at The Glen 3 months ago to get 'boy' coloured heinz cutlery in for me (all the had were pink and purple again!) and I am still waiting for a call. I found it somewhere else but am still frustrated.

I'm the opposite, i have three little girls and i find that there's very little that i like, i like bright funky clothes, but they all seem to be pastel and boring. I actually buy my toddler boys clothes, she has a pair of army camo pants, and when she wears them with hot pink singlet everyone tells me how cool she looks. I find the boys clothes are fashionable, and the girls clothes are boring.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

I love knowing that I'm not the onyl wone out there who likes their baby looking like a baby! They are babies for such a short time that it seems a shame to put them in "big boy" clothing before they need to! I always shop in baby stores and myer to find the things I want. And you know, I get continual comments on how beautifully dressed he is...aint that great when people tell you that!

Me, NSW & DS 22.12.04

Sign in to follow this topic