Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Anyone in Windsor - not related to babies at all!

Anyone in Windsor - not related to babies at all! Lock Rss

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone in Windsor could help me out!!! I have a photograph of a statue of a guy with a sword leaning over reading something.... Its for a course and I need to name it - I did write down what this statue was - but I cant find it!!!! It is in a park on the main road from Windsor to Richmond, the park is where they have the ANZAC Day ceremony.... If anyone knows this would help so much!!! THANKS smile

Suz, NSW

I know the park you mean as I use to live in Richmond, but cannot remember the staue sorry.
Have you looked up the net at all to see if it is there anywhere.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hey I used to live in Windsor too. i remember the statue but not what it was called (useless tip: if you stand next to it and talk u get this weird spooky echo! hahaha)
Maybe look up the local council website or ring council?

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

Hi suz01,

I live in the Hawkesbury and know the statue you are talking about its Major General Lachlan Macquarie. If you need to know more go to Hawkesbury on the net. It has all the words on the plaque beneath the statue as well. The address is www.hawkesbury.net.au/memorial/windsor_lachlan_macquarie/wlmm01.html. I hope this is of some help.

Kara, NSW

Sign in to follow this topic