1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Going to be a mean mummy today :(

Going to be a mean mummy today :( Lock Rss

4mth needle time sad
Better not forget the dummy this time!!
chantelle had them monday.... she was really good! didnt cry to the second one... which hurts more anyway. lets hope reagan is the same

Jess, it's not you thats being mean! It's the nurse that sticks it in their leg!!! Well that what i told Kaitlyn at her 8 week ones the nurse said i was mean for saying that and was going to give me one too!!!LOL

p.s thanks for the PM

...............BOO...............

Oooo I hate needle time!!! I have forgotten the DD's dummy before too. Luckily for me she was still a booby girl back then so that worked to comfort her too,lol.

ooh, good luck, we are due for the 2 mth needles, I make DH go with us and hold the kids, then I give them cuddles to make them happy again.
I couldn't hold them, I faint at needles, so I wait out the room, and sad to say I am that much of a sook, I cry when they cry!!

But lately our nurse has been giving the kids sucrose (I think - sugar water stuff anyway) a bit before the needle, apparently the sugars stop them from feeling as much pain??

Seems to work anyway!

is currently in NZ

*hugs*

We have three and five month ones but not four months. Got them done Monday, wasn't too bad (had a feed straight after and forgot about them) but the diarrhea we had yesterday as a side effect was worse. My poor wee munchkin.

What do you guys have? We have Prevnar (protects against pneumococcal) and Infarix (protects against diptheria, tetnus, whooping cough and polio - off the top of my head)

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

Hi

I am going to be a mean mummy as well! I have 4 month needles for the boy and 4 year needles for the girl today! What am I doing taking them both in at once!?!?!

Heather

chantelle didnt even want her dummy.... she cried for 30 secs then was smiling at the nurse

not as mean if she contracted a deadly preventable illness

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

All Done!!
I didn;t realise a 4mo would hold a grudge!! She screamed and held her breath for a few seconds then had some boob and was fine, til the nurse came out to check her then she dropped her lip and turned away!

Chelle, I know the stuff you mean the Childrens hospital gave it to DS before putting drips in his arms.

Missfit, They have needled at 2,4,6 and 12 mths, she had Infanrix -which is diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and Hep B, and Prevenar which is for Pneumococcal and Rotateq which is a medicine for Roatavirus.
Ah so they are the same needles. Except for the Rotateq - we don't have that one

Was just curious smile

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

Posted by: Mummyto3Kiddies
Hi

I am going to be a mean mummy as well! I have 4 month needles for the boy and 4 year needles for the girl today! What am I doing taking them both in at once!?!?!

Heather

You're brave, mine were due for 2mo needles and 4yo needles at the same time but took them seperately!

I hope your 4yo goes well, I was surprised, Luke was perfect, started to cry as they were nearly finished and I gave him a box of smarties and e forgot all about it.
Really had sore arms for a while though sad
Sign in to follow this topic