Huggies Forum

single parent payment Lock Rss

is it possible to get single parent payment while still living in the same house as you ex??
i know a lady that is claiming single pension- whatever it is called. when she lives with her ex (the father of her kids)

it may be legit, i dont know. On first thoughts it seems very odd though

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

i don't know how they have done that...are you sure he isn't rorting (sp) the system buy living together and gettting mail to another address..

NOPE you cant claim SPP if living with ANYONE of the opposite sex, whether you are in a relationship or not ( except a family memeber), centrelink assums you are.
that is what i am wondering. when she was telling me she must have seen the 'questioning' look on my face and told me it is legit, they arent together (which is true) but they still live together as friends so therefore she gets single pension.???

it just made me wonder

not sure - but apparently you can claim pps IF you are still with the fathr, but living seperatly, even tho the father is working and paying for the upbringing?
i thought that would be the case, so she must be rorting.

that is a bit unfair though when a gay couple could live together and both claim single pension.

If he is still living there id guess thats he is paying rent?? Dunno but it sounds dodgy to me.

People who scam the system will eventually get caught.
As hard as it can be at times, its better to be honest.
Posted by: alli_&_missymoo
NOPE you cant claim SPP if living with ANYONE of the opposite sex, whether you are in a relationship or not ( except a family memeber), centrelink assums you are.

not too sure on this as y friend lives with a male friend - totally platonic - and she gets pps, and centrelink know he is boarding there. they have seperate rooms (onbiously, lol) and there have been no issues in regards to her payments.
i think she is pulling your leg princessdora so you don't dob her in LOL

yes you can Memmi, but you have to go through all the crappola that goes along with it
she told me she filled out a form (like a stat dec, i guess) stating they werent together.........it all seems odd, But theni thought if she was rorting the system why would she tell anyone???

i will give her the benefit of the doubt for now.....

Posted by: memmi
not sure - but apparently you can claim pps IF you are still with the fathr, but living seperatly, even tho the father is working and paying for the upbringing?

Dont wanna debate, but thats not right
Posted by: princessdora
i thought that would be the case, so she must be rorting.

that is a bit unfair though when a gay couple could live together and both claim single pension.

I think if you ask most gay couples they will tell you they think it is actually unfair as it means their relationship isn't recognised. And they aren't doing anything wrong as its the stupid govts fault for not recognising it.
Sign in to follow this topic