Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. im freaking out & need a hug up dated

im freaking out & need a hug up dated Lock Rss

Hi,
im freaking out to day im 24 weeks pregnant & my DD had got a rash all over her body the looks like the measles i have a DR's appointment to day @ 3.15pm but still im freaking out,

if she dose have some thing like that will my bub be OK???
[Edited on 01/09/2008]

(((HUGS)))

Has your DD had a cold or flu at all lately?

GBH
I think my Dr told me it's the 1st trimester that baby is at higher risk. After that the odds are much lower.
DD will need a blood test to make sure of measles, and perhaps you will too to check your antibodies.
Just ask them to put a rush on the results.

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

are your vaccinations up to date, should have been tested at the strt of your pregnancy!
Also meant to add to my post that it depends on your previous exposure, contraction and immunity as to whether you are at greater risk and the developmental stage of bub if you do contract measles etc. Something a doc will be able to set your mind at ease about more and discuss possible risks.

if she does have them there is an injection they can give you.

are you immune? have you been immunized

no not really she has had a temp tho & a bit off color but i just put that down to DD getting her 2yr old mollers

ive been immunised & so has DD but my MIL said that you can still get them any way even if you have been

also wanted to add, a lot of viral things going around this winter have involved a rash
Posted by: jenbelle
no not really she has had a temp tho & a bit off color but i just put that down to DD getting her 2yr old mollers

Not saying that this is what the rash is but it could be linked to your DD's temp and feeling off colour. There is a rash called Roseola which can cause a similar rash to measles.It is a viral rash that often follows within a couple of days of a child being ill or off colour.

If this is what the rash is then it poses very little- no risk to bub.

Good luck at the Drs.
[Edited on 01/09/2008]

[Edited on 17/10/2008]
good luck

Sign in to follow this topic