Huggies Forum

the best chocolate cake... Lock Rss

recipe please...

i need something that is really easy and requires minimum effort lol and basic pantry ingredient.. pweezz.. thanks girls

i thought you were gonna tell that you have just eaten the best chocolate cake ever. Shattered, sorry cant help you

mum to one goregous boy

I dont have a recipe soz! But when u do make your choccy cake can u send some to my place pweeze? LOL!

I never make choccie cakes lol i just buy em!
LOL same here.... but bubz is sick and is asleep.. so i thought i might make one... with my limited ingredients LOL

what ingredients do you have. im sure i could find something for you.

i guess the basics for choccy cake would be

flour..der
butter
eggs
chocolate or cocoa powder

mum to one goregous boy

mmmm...chocolate cake....can't help ya with a recipe, but when you're done...send some over please smile

3 girls are enough...the shop is now shut!

I have a simpilcity choc cake recipe that is pretty basic ingredients and taste nice. Not the BEST cake in the world but tasty still.

Simplicity Choc Cake

2 tabs melted butter
2 tabs cocoa
1 cup SR Flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
vanilla
1 teaspoon instant coffee

Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Add eggs and milk and beat. Add melted butter and continue to beat for a minte or 2. Pour into a greased cake tin and cook in a moderate oven for 30 mins.

fabulous thank you...

Another good one is

Just a simple butter cake and just add some cocoa to it!!

I think this is a yummy choc cake!!
Sorry girls but THIS is the best chocolate cake. As voted by DP,DS and his mates! Seriously, a 15yo boy came up to me in Coles to tell me that I make the best chocolate cake he's ever had. DS's school mates pay for a slice of this. His school has live in students and they will pay for home cooking. lol

Fluffy Chocolate Cake

125g Butter
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 cup water

Grease a 21cm baba(ring) pan
Sift dry ingredients together. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Then beat on medium speed until mix is smooth and changed colour.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake in moderate(180) oven for 50 mins. Cool inpan for 5 mins. Cool on rack.

Michelle- 3 boys-17,13 & 9 -2 girls-3 & 1

hmmm.. yummo... i decided to go get some dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate... and guess what is in my oven baking away.. a triple choc mud cake.. once finished im gonna put my milk chocolate glaze and shaved chocolate on top.... who would like a slice mailed to them????
thanks girls for your recipes

Hiya,

This is the recipe I use. It has some odd ingredients but it is amazing and I cook alot of chocolate cakes for friends and family's occasions.

This one comes out really moist much like a mud cake but it rises up quite abit. You can also store this one in the fridge instead of leaving it out.

Chocolate Fudge cake

1 1/2 cups milk
1 tblsp vinegar (white or brown)
1 2/3 cups plain flour
1 1/2 tsp soda bi-carb
1 tsp salt (omit if you use normal salted butter)
2/3 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 eggs
60g butter, softenend
1/4 cups oil (vegetable or olive)
1 tsp vanilla

Add vinegar to milk. Sift flour, bi-carb and cocoa into a bowl. Add everything else and beat thorougly for around 3 minutes. Cook at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.

Mum to Ashleey 4 and Tristan 2 !

Sign in to follow this topic