Huggies Forum

Responding to the same people Rss

Is it just me or do you find yourself responding to the same people. Or at least a subject they've been quite active in. I've noticed that the problems I'm having or advice I need is usually answered by the same ones. It makes me feel like they're becoming my friends, without even meeting.
I like it. Keep it up. What do others think?
Kristy

member since 2004

I've noticed this on this site, as well as other similar sites. In fact I now have a couple of e-mail pals from precisely that. I feel safe putting my e-mail on these sites, and have started friendships with other mum's who are in similar circumstances to myself.
We'll probably never meet (they're in Australia, while I'm in New Zealand), but it's nice to have new friends anyway!

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

I totally agree and have found the same thing myself .

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Yes, yes, yes... I agree whole heartedly. I feel like I have made some great friends here too. I also feel drawn to helping people who have been helpful to me. I really like the on-going chats I have with regulars here as this site too.

Thanks guys wink

See you round the place soon.

Michelle
I agree. But these boards are so huge I can stay here for hours at a time (while the washing piles up and the vacuuming dosn't get done.....!)

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

I totally agree Emmy-Lou
At the start of last week you could barely get into my laundry I was so far behind in my washing. Plus the fact that I let the chores slide so i can play with Liam instead. I'm sure he won't remember if mum fell behind in the chores. I tend to get on here just ebfore bed and stay for hours as I get so worked up sometimes. I'm having to monitor myself.
Kristy.

member since 2004

Hi Chukkas. You have responded to a few of my posts and I always like what you have to say ,also Liam sounds alot like my Bradley as we do things similarily ie wrapping, dummy and modified controlled crying. So I suppose its like we are faceless friends!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

JZ
I like the sound of that. Have you posted any pics on the photo page? I haven't looked for a few days. We've got a couple there, so I'll have a face if you like.
Keep Smiling
Kristy

member since 2004

Kristy,
I can't afford to get behind on the washing coz I use cloth nappies and they start to smell.... But once it's washed an dried it jus seems to pile up on the couch waiting to be folded....until Maya's dad comes to visit and growls coz there's nowhere for him to sit...

Hi Emmy-Lou,
using cloth nappies might actually keep me up to date with the washing. Its not that I never do it I have to make sure hubby has clean clothes everyday for work, but he has 5 shirts and 5 pants.
I get behind in the folding but usually do it while I'm watching TV when Liam's in bed (when I'm not on here).
I actually got around to catching up on the weekend and realised that Liam has a lot of clothes. I told a friend yesterday and she told me she'd never seen Liam in the same thing more than once, but she doesn't see him very often. She uses the excuse that as she's got 2 kids its easier for people to come to her. But I find it hard to get out as Liam has 2 sleeps during the day. Her youngest only has 1. Go figure.
Make Maya's dad fold some of your nappies.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Chukkas. I havent put a photo yet as I dont have a scanner or digital camera so I am a bit behind technology wise. Has Liam started crawling yet?

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Kristy,
LOL I'd love to see Maya's dad folding nappie - last week he changed her for the first time ever and she's nearly 15 mths! He always manages to avoid changing nappies somehow, cunning.
Maya also has far too many clothes, I can't help myself, I keep seeing clothes on special and buying so many cute things. I love dressing her up, but she loves getting grubby so we go thru about 3 changes a day!

Sign in to follow this topic