Huggies Forum

corned beef help needed ASAP Lock Rss

I've got a piece of corned beef cooking on the stove and need help!
according to the instructions I was to put the meat in cold water then bring to the boil and cook it for 60 minutes for every kilo (mine is 1.5 kg so I figured 90 minutes right).
Except my hotplate is obviously a bit dodgy because it has taken 80 minutes just to get to the boil!!!
So my question is, do I cook it for another 90 minutes now that the water is boiling?
I don't want to overcook the meat and make it dry and tough, but I don't want it undercooked either!

Once the water is boiling, I turn mine right down and just simmer it. If I get it on early enough, I let it just simmer for a few hours. Comes out nice and tender.

Good luck.
Was it simmering from a certain point?

I would just cook for another hour then once taken out of the pot wrap in aluminium foil that way it will still cook until cool.

Best of luck, hope it's yummy.

Sasha & Willum my beautiful kiddies

not sure about corned beef; a lot of you ladies seem to cook it but I always think its a granny type meal good luck anyway

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Yip I love granny meals.....

No seriously corned beef is yum and a pretty cheap meal that leaves us with heaps left over for sangas.

Sasha & Willum my beautiful kiddies

Posted by: vkw
not sure about corned beef; a lot of you ladies seem to cook it but I always think its a granny type meal good luck anyway

lmao
Get a carving fork or skeewer and give it a jap. If it is firm to the middle it is cooked. Also leave it in the water to cool that way it will stay moist.

Cheers Ness
Sign in to follow this topic