Huggies Forum

naming ceremonies Lock Rss

how many of you have done this for your kids? i'd love to do it for my DD - any thoughts/opinions/info greatly appreciated!
i did with DD, as they are non religious, but make sure you get a GREAT celebrant. our celebrant ruined everything.

oh no! what happened? had you been referred to them by someone or just picked them randomly?
I wanna do it too when DD is born, do you still have godparents??

we were refered. she came 10 minutes later then she was meant to she never mentioned DSS, and she didnt let the godparents do the readings. they were meant to. then as soon as she finished she took off and left. and never gave us a refund we demanded

Posted by: miss_mum07
I wanna do it too when DD is born, do you still have godparents??

they are godparents, or Guardians. you can pick

we did the naming ceremony too, although we had "Mentors" for our kids, who not only look after them should something happen to DH and I, but will also mentor and guide them while they are growing up.
Posted by: ~mumto3boys,1girl~
we did the naming ceremony too, although we had "Mentors" for our kids, who not only look after them should something happen to DH and I, but will also mentor and guide them while they are growing up.

This is a great idea... I just had my Nephews Christening on the weekend and I thought when I have kids I would like a non religious version but could not think of what I would refer the people we choose rather than "God Parents" "Mentors" is perfect!! thanks for the idea.... now all I have to do is keep TTC!!

[img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/a4tw/1.png[

We had a Naming Ceremony for Maddi when she was almost 5 months old. It was a brilliant day. My younger sister is her godmother so I asked my older sister if she'd like to do a reading and she wrote the most beautiful passage it made me cry lol. Our celebrant was lovely, we used the one that our friend's used when they got married. We just had a great day.

what were the costs if you don't mind me asking?
Posted by: loz82au
Posted by: ~mumto3boys,1girl~

This is a great idea... I just had my Nephews Christening on the weekend and I thought when I have kids I would like a non religious version but could not think of what I would refer the people we choose rather than "God Parents" "Mentors" is perfect!! thanks for the idea.... now all I have to do is keep TTC!!

no worries, glad that it helped
Posted by: Allie-Qld
what were the costs if you don't mind me asking?

I cant help with a cost for you, Our Celebrant is a family friend and she wouldn't accept payment. She also married DH and I and that only cost $50.

Maybe you could do a ring around and ask a few celebrants in your area. Not sure if prices vary depending on location
Sign in to follow this topic