Huggies Forum

Austar/Foxtel Help! Rss

OK, so we have Austar on our main TV and haven't bothered getting it on the other one because it's in our "formal" lounge which DF and I only use late at night sometimes when the kids are in bed so mI think it would just be a waste of money paying to have it on both sooooooooo...Somebody once told me there is a box or an aerial type thing you can get that lets you get the Austar channels on another TV in the house but it has to be on the same channel. Does anyone know if this is a true thing or what it is called? Where are they available and how much? My friend wasn't sure on the details as she heard it from someone else and I didn't want to go to shops or ring Austar and ask incase it's not legal or something! lol

3 Gorgeous Girls!

hi mate,

they are totally legal. they are called an "av receiver" and you can get them at harvey norman, dick smith etc.

i have seen them on sale at dick smith for about $80. it lets you view foxtel / austar in another room, but when the channel gets changed in the main room, it will change the chanel in the second room (ie, the tv with the av reciever cannot override the main tv)

hope this helps!!

p
xx
Hey I got one from Tandy for like 80 bucks on special. It didn't work and drove us to frustration trying to figure it out. Turns out if you have ANYTHING wireless in your house (computers etc), they don't work. So we wasted money. They are legal to buy in electronics shops but be warned about the fact they might not work!
[Edited on 13/10/2008]
I think I know what you are talking about. We have one. It is a wireless transmitter. It transmits what is on TV in one room on to a TV in another room. You can get them from places like Dick Smith and Tandy. Ours was around $100. We never use it!!!

My babies are all grown up sad

I think I know what you are talking about. We have one. It is a wireless transmitter. It transmits what is on TV in one room on to a TV in another room. You can get them from places like Dick Smith and Tandy. Ours was around $100. We never use it!!!

I think Nome knows what you are talking about... lol.
LOL

It took me 10 minutes to try to reply and then it posts 3 times!!!

Don't lie Nome, you were just excited weren't you?! lol

Thank you ppl, I will sus it out next time I am down at the shop, now that I know what it's called!

3 Gorgeous Girls!

via HDMI would be your best bet to get the most out of the audio capabilities of the AVR.
You can watch the greatest options via https://chooserator.com/av-receivers which will help you to choose the best one.
Sign in to follow this topic