Huggies Forum

Okay...... Lock Rss

I just have to get this off my chest so I apologise now if I offend anyone.

What really gets on my nerves is the poor excuses that some people give for having their baby boys circumcised! Some are valid but some are just plain dumb!

"I want him to look like his Daddy"
"I wouldn't know how to teach him to clean it properly"
"It looks nicer"
"I don't want him to have to get it done when he's older"

Vent over. That is all. Moving on.

i didnt get my DS circumcised(sp?)
i never even thought of that but i dont like the excuse i want him to look like his daddy

We were having a discussion about that the other day with my friends (a couple) I asked if there son was circumcised and she said no, I don't care that Jas is I didn't want it done.
Jas replied i'm not circumcised.
She replied um.. yes you are.
He then called his Mum!
Yep he was!!
He said he felt violated..lol 25 years and he didn't know!

OMG! That is almost funny! Poor guy.

My DH is circumcised but we chose not to get DS done when he was born. Didn't see the point in it. Its not even practised in the UK at all. I don't really care if people choose to have their sons circumcised, its their choice. But what does get me fired up is the lame excuses for it!

Well all three of mine are and I did it just because!!

Is that an ok excuse in your opinion??

In all seriousness, I did it for several reasons, none of which I intend to put out there. It was my choice, and I made it after a lot of thought and research. I wholeheartedly believe I have done the right thing for my boys.
Posted by: twolittleones
I don't really care if people choose to have their sons circumcised, its their choice. But what does get me fired up is the lame excuses for it!

if you dont care about them being circumcised because its their choice, cant you just apply the same principal to their reasons for it???

What do you mean just because? You must have had reasons for it and good for you if you researched it. Like I said, its personal choice.

If we all had the same opinions then life would be pretty boring wouldn't it?

LOL, reading back over that it sounds like I'm cranky, I'm not I promise, I was just being a smarty pants. I should have inserted a lol in there!!
Posted by: noahsmummeee
I don't really care if people choose to have their sons circumcised, its their choice. But what does get me fired up is the lame excuses for it!

if you dont care about them being circumcised because its their choice, cant you just apply the same principal to their reasons for it???

I guess that you could look at it like that. People shouldn't care what I think of it anyway. Like I originally posted, just wanted to get it off my chest. Didn't want to offend anyone.

What do you mean just because? You must have had reasons for it and good for you if you researched it. Like I said, its personal choice.

If we all had the same opinions then life would be pretty boring wouldn't it?

The 'just because' bit was a joke. That's why I went on to say that in all seriousness, I do have my reasons, I just don't feel the need to put it out there for justification.

People will either think I did a good thing, or a bad thing, regardless of what I tell them I did it for.
Posted by: benmar7982
LOL, reading back over that it sounds like I'm cranky, I'm not I promise, I was just being a smarty pants. I should have inserted a lol in there!!

S'ok Mary. I didn't take it like that. No harm done.

I was relieved to have girls because DH was insistent on getting a son circumsised for all the reasons you listed. I was adament that I wouldn't allow it so God knows what would have happened.
Sign in to follow this topic