Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Okay...... Lock Rss

I'm sort of each to their own on this one, My DS isnt done, The thought never even crossed my mind, But if he had of needed it done for any medical pupose I would have done it, SO far we have had no problems and he cleans himself properly so its really not an issue for us.
Hi,
I totally understand that people have different opinions on all topics including this one. I respect people and their choices for their family. What really buggs me though is statements like those being "dumb excuses" for getting it done. Maybe they are important to some families.

IT's like any topic, how would people feel if i came on saying it was dumb to put their children in childcare, feed them certain foods, bottle feed etc. It's all the same. We make choices based on our OWN families, nobody elses, so why does it bother you so much?
My son is not circumsised but I think the reason like dady is quite a reasonable one as one of the major arguments for circumsision is infection.. I imagine a male who has been circumsised their entire life would find it a bit harder to teach a child how to appropiatly clean a non circumsided penis. It also avoids the why am i different to daddy questions.
we all have our reasons for doing things I guess and we are not all ment to agree. as stated in previous post that would make life a little boring.

Well we intended to get DS done...I researched it and we came to that decision together but I was only prepared to do it in the early weeks and not under a general.

Ended up with a difficult baby and had too much else to deal with without trying to get to consultations and acutal procedure. So hence hes not done.

Just got his second yukky willy in 2 weeks (thrush first time, not sure what it is now) so am wondering if maybe I should have got it done. Off to docs today to get him all better.
I have two DS with my ex who is circumcised our boys are not, as for their Daddy teaching them HUH! That ended up my job telling them how to clean them selves. So fast forward and I am remarried and pregnant with another DS. DH and I are at an antenatal appointment and DH asked about circumcision. Before talking to the doctor he was dead set gonna get his son done. DH is American and in his eyes its a given for ALL boys to be done, thats just the way things are. We sat and listened to the midwife and doctor give use all the infomation. DH turned to me and said "NOPE now way are we getting him done" He couldnt bare the thought of his Lil man going through it and bubs wasnt even born yet. lol

I've only had one coffee so I apologize sincerely for any typo's hehehehe
seriously why on earth would anyone care what a parents reasoning for getting their boys circed or not is?? To get fired up over someone elses decision to do something whether you think it is a lame reason or not seems ludicrous to me...
I hate the idea of circumsing! I could go on and on, but I won't because the only important thing to me is that DS wasn't done, and he's not so there you go!
As for excuses, sometimes people are made to feel like crap for doing their sons and feel they have to think up as many reason as they can so their not attacked. If someone asked me if DS was circ or not I would reply that that was a very personal question and would they might if I asked them what their vagina looked like? LMAO

People who have their son's circumcised do not have to justify their actions to anyone - whatever their reasons are.

-I should hope that ANYONE teaches their child that to be different is ok
-If someone wants to do it because prevention is better than cure then so be it.

I am neither for nor against it as everyone has their reasons.

My good friend is a Urology nurse and she didn't hesitate to get her Ds done, she sees the pros and cons first hand.
We got J-Dawg done because his penis is so MASSIVE we had to shorten it so in the future he wont make the other boys look bad in the change room.

I so gald I had my son done. Plus a few of the posts on here about infections etc etc.. I so glad.. Its peoples choice and who really cares if they decide it is because I wont them to look like DAD in the end its their decision and not yours.

I hope your child has no infections etc and it is trouble free as you seem so against the excuses...
Posted by: MrsMadMartigan
We got J-Dawg done because his penis is so MASSIVE we had to shorten it so in the future he wont make the other boys look bad in the change room.

God I love you MMM you are so damn funny
Posted by: MrsMadMartigan

LM G D AO
[Edited on 20/11/2008]
Sign in to follow this topic