Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Okay...... Lock Rss

this doesnt really apply to me because i have girls but if in the future i had a son he would be done.

one of my ex's made the choice easy for me, he wasnt done, he always smelt 'down there' and it looked terrible, it was a horrible thing to be faced with and in the end a reason for our breakup, it sickened me that much!
- now he could of just been an unhygenic pig but it was enough to turn me off it, and that it purely my reason as stupid as you might find it!

Well I can see that no one has offered up any other reasons for it, and although I'm not going to say if these are my reasons or not, I thought I'd offer up some of the pros of circumcision.

*Removal of the foreskin reduces the risk of infection, as there is nowhere for smegma to collect. Smegma is that horrible white stuff, that if not cleaned out properly, is what causes most infections.

*There have been a lot of studies conducted that STRONGLY suggest that circumcised men are far less likely to contract STD's. This includes all STD's , such as HPV, Herpes, and AIDS.

*Following on from the last one, because the men are less likely to contract STD's, so are their partners. In turn, women who have circumcised partners are less likely to develop cervical cancer.

There's just a few. I have to go and have a shower and do all my morning stuff now, but I'll come back later and put up some more.

[Edited on 20/11/2008]
Posted by: benmar7982
*Removal of the foreskin reduces the risk of infection, as there is nowhere for smegma to collect. Smega is that horrible white stuff, that if not cleaned out properly, is what causes most infections.

*There have been a lot of studies conducted that STRONGLY suggest that circumcised men are far less likely to contract STD's. This includes all STD's , such as HPV, Herpes, and AIDS.

*Following on from the last one, because the men are less likely to contract STD's, so are their partners. In turn, women who have circumcised partners are less likely to develop cervical cancer.

Those were our reasons for getting ds done AND dh wanted ds to look like him. I think you will find that the boys done and who are not done are still 50/50.

Edited to add that it also greatly decreases the chances of penile cancer.
[Edited on 20/11/2008]
We did research on the topic and came to the conclusion we wanted DS done. Many reasons that i wont do into, just after listing our pros and cons we decided to go ahead.
Its a personal choice and id never ask anyone why they did it / why they didnt.
If someone told me they did it so their DS looked like their DH i wouldnt think that was a silly reason, i mean, obviously that was important to them. Who are we to argue with their decision?

Jack ''08 & Bump ''10

Posted by: MumtoTyler
Posted by: benmar7982
*Removal of the foreskin reduces the risk of infection, as there is nowhere for smegma to collect. Smega is that horrible white stuff, that if not cleaned out properly, is what causes most infections.

Those were our reasons for getting ds done AND dh wanted ds to look like him. I think you will find that the boys done and who are not done are still 50/50.
Edited to add that it also greatly decreases the chances of penile cancer.
[Edited on 20/11/2008]

This is pretty much all the reasons we would get any sons we have done..
Seems to be more the norm here (where I live) to get them done again...
Ours is done - cos it's just gross to not. lol
Mary i know there is definately pro's to getting circumsised, i think OP was just saying that some of the reasons women get their sons done is a bit 'off' lol

I agree with the "i want them to look like daddy" comment, i think thats just not right really. It's not like they are going to compare each others willys. lol Ive heard a few people say that to me and think, huh? Surely there's a different reasoning behind getting it done, not just that!

My nephew just has been circumsised at the age of 16 after a very painful few years, poor fella! But i'd rather take that risk with Cohen because the skin can grow tight over the head of the penis being circumsised or not! Ouchies if you ask me!!!
Posted by: babyoven

Hey?? Oh well im sure all the years you've had an uncircumsised penis makes you understand how GROSS it is lol. They all look the bloody same when they have erections... who cares!
seriously why on earth would anyone care what a parents reasoning for getting their boys circed or not is?? To get fired up over someone elses decision to do something whether you think it is a lame reason or not seems ludicrous to me...

Ditto to Yvette....

We have chosen not to get DS done as I could not handle the thought of him being in pain.... this is my choice... other choose to have there son's circumcised and hey that's there choice.... care factor of about 0.....

To me that's a bit of a silly comment... like Denae said they all look the same when they have an erection...

should've put LOL not lol. It was a joke. I couldn't give a fat rats what others do with their sons penises - and neither you should care why or what is done with my sons. Bit of a silly thread really - as they all are about this topic - clearly it was to create a heated discussion - and wowsers - it happened....

dead horse flogging again....

I say each to their own. Circumcision is mostly performed on babies for family, religious or cultural reasons. I dont think it is anyone's business what "dumb excuses" are used.
What happens if the child's dad is circumcised and the child isnt, what would you say to them when they are old enough and when they say "Why do i look different to my daddy?"
Does affect the way you live your life day to day? If not, then who gives a flying f***k?
Ok I have just read EVERY single post and have found it very interesting.
We are having another baby and do not know the sex and also will not find out the sex. However the thought has crossed both DH's and my mind about if we have a boy whether he will be circumsised or not.
It is SOOOOOOO incredibly hard to get any info on it as just like this thread people are either SO against it or so FOR it.

I grew up with 3 sisters and my first child was a girl too. So I have NEVER had anything to do with boys until I met my husband. LOL.
So as you can see it makes it very hard to even make a decision like this.

Sign in to follow this topic