Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Okay...... Lock Rss

Posted by: Denae
Mary i know there is definately pro's to getting circumsised, i think OP was just saying that some of the reasons women get their sons done is a bit 'off' lol

I agree with the "i want them to look like daddy" comment, i think thats just not right really. It's not like they are going to compare each others willys. lol Ive heard a few people say that to me and think, huh? Surely there's a different reasoning behind getting it done, not just that!

My nephew just has been circumsised at the age of 16 after a very painful few years, poor fella! But i'd rather take that risk with Cohen because the skin can grow tight over the head of the penis being circumsised or not! Ouchies if you ask me!!!

For sure Nae smile On the first page though, I thought I read that she was interested in what other reasons people had. So I thought I'd put some out there.

To me, and this is only me. I think it is far riskier to leave a child uncircumcised, then it is to perform a circ in the first few weeks of life.

But I do have to laugh, it's always us women who'll sit and argue about it for hours!! We don't even have bloody penises, what would we really know?? lol. Ever see men at the pub having a good old circ debate??
Posted by: Honey1984
Ok I have just read EVERY single post and have found it very interesting.
We are having another baby and do not know the sex and also will not find out the sex. However the thought has crossed both DH's and my mind about if we have a boy whether he will be circumsised or not.
It is SOOOOOOO incredibly hard to get any info on it as just like this thread people are either SO against it or so FOR it.

I grew up with 3 sisters and my first child was a girl too. So I have NEVER had anything to do with boys until I met my husband. LOL.
So as you can see it makes it very hard to even make a decision like this.

Honey, it's one of those things where you have to sift through craploads of one sided opinions and outdated info, to actually find anything really worth reading, or that will shed any light on the pro's and con's.

There are lots of websites out there. There's actually a really good one that is neither for or against, it presents both sides. I'll try and find it and link you. Theres also a few books out there, just go to the library and ask.

[Edited on 20/11/2008]
hehe mary, so true! oops must of missed that but, but very good reasons to get a boy circumsised smile

When we found out we were having a boy, i bought up the issue with DH whether we would get him circ'd or not and DH said no so i left it as that! Have nothing against it smile We all have our own reasons and everyone should leave it as that smile lets all be friends LOL
I'll be your friend Nae!! But you have to pass initiation. Basically you have to come clean my house for a week, and then I'll be your mate, LMAO!!
*sigh* here we go again...

Another subject that everyone has a very strong opinion about.

Nobody is going to change their minds no matter how many times opinions are shoved down anothers throat- so I'd suggest that everyone just respect everyones right to their own opinion and keep their hats on!

Posted by: Chalys
*sigh* here we go again...

Another subject that everyone has a very strong opinion about.

Nobody is going to change their minds no matter how many times opinions are shoved down anothers throat- so I'd suggest that everyone just respect everyones right to their own opinion and keep their hats on!

I haven't seen any shoving!? I think everyone has actually been fairly respectful.

Anyway, hopefully it stays that way. I'm outta here xx
I was gonna get my boy done, due to the whole infection excuse, but since they wouldn't take his tonsils and apendix at the same time, I decided against it! LMGDAO.

And besides (opposite to Mrs M) he needs all the length he can get.

And one more thing if it reduces the risk of penile cancer, std's, aids etc etc, why are alot of doctors against doing the procedure these days? Just cause they dont feel like it? I would think they would choose to refuse papsmears first. LOL. Serious question though, would love to know why?

Sorry just my opinion, do what you will with your own precious bubbas.
[Edited on 20/11/2008]
I haven't seen any shoving!? I think everyone has actually been fairly respectful.

Anyway, hopefully it stays that way. I'm outta here xx

yeah I'm just anticipating.

There is no way I'm putting my opinion into this thread!

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] benmar7982 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Honey1984 Honey, it's one of those things where you have to sift through craploads of one sided opinions and outdated info, to actually find anything really worth reading, or that will shed any light on the pro's and con's. There are lots of websites out there. There's actually a really good one that is neither for or against, it presents both sides. I'll try and find it and link you. Theres also a few books out there, just go to the library and ask. [/quote] Yep, thats what I've been thru so far. Lots of one sided crap and outdated stuff. If you do find the link, that would be fantastic! smile I think this why I never wanted a boy. LOL. So much to learn about them. And I read another post a few weeks back about them getting erections and stuff as toddlers. LOL. Scared me! Girls are so much easier. LOL.

My first husband, the father of my 2 boys, was circumcised but didn't want- and in fact was totally against them being done.
My DF(circumcised) has a son from his first marriage. He also didn't want his son done, and he wasn't.
So we have 3 non circumcised boys, and thankfully so far, have never had any problems with infections etc.
We also left their tonsils and appendix in, and took the risk that they might get infected.lol

Michelle- 3 boys-17,13 & 9 -2 girls-3 & 1

Sadly I think one of the reasons so many Dr's won't perform the proceedure these days have very little to do with the pros and cons of the proceedure and a lot to do with avoiding possible litigation if things go wrong.

I honestly don't know if I would get my DS (if I ever have one) done and I guess I won't know until I am put in the position to make the choice and then it will be my choice and I will either get it done or not for my own reasons.

Posted by: benmar7982
I'll be your friend Nae!! But you have to pass initiation. Basically you have to come clean my house for a week, and then I'll be your mate, LMAO!!

I'll come clean your house if you pay me with cakes and pies... haha im hungry
Sign in to follow this topic