Huggies Forum

Okay...... Lock Rss

Its like saying I got my babies ears pierced cos the look cute etc, everyone has different reasons for doing everything, I don't have anything against circumsion - I can't even spellit !!LOL - I don;t have DS done as DH isn;t done and TBH I don;t know any different! DS did get a bit sore when his foreskin actually came back but is fine now and DH has told him how to clean it.

I really couldn't care less why people do it, there are worse things they coul do and lets face it do anyof your DH's remember the pain of being cirumsised as babies??? I think not!

And I honestly can;t see my DS comparing bits with the boys in the change room and if they do they will probablt be noticing size more than whther or not theres exra bits there!
i got my boy done cause he werent planned... he just popped right on in there... put me thru a crap pregnancy went 11 days overdue so i thought PAYBACK
whats the best wayt i can get the little tike back????circumcision hehe
i got him done cause its what i wanted...

Posted by: alwaysawake
seriously why on earth would anyone care what a parents reasoning for getting their boys circed or not is?? To get fired up over someone elses decision to do something whether you think it is a lame reason or not seems ludicrous to me...

Have to say, Im with you Yvette
What I want to know is how the std's ect know that the penis is circumcised or not?? I have to say that yes ok the penis has had its foreskin removed but std's ect are transmitted via skin to skin contact and through bodily fluids. The study suggesting that it decreases the likelyhood of std's occuring is a very outdated study.

To me I decided not to get Tys circumcised based solely on the fact that he already had to undergo surgery at 8 days old and I refused to put him through a second procedure. I do not agree with removing the foresking for cosmetic reasons but if there was a medical reason I would not hesitate. Also does anyone remember the story of the grown man suing his parents for having him circumcised??
Sorry but we got our DS circumcise but my Dh is not done I wanted him done.

Posted by: Tysmoo
What I want to know is how the std's ect know that the penis is circumcised or not?? I have to say that yes ok the penis has had its foreskin removed but std's ect are transmitted via skin to skin contact and through bodily fluids. The study suggesting that it decreases the likelyhood of std's occuring is a very outdated study.

The skin underneath the foreskin before circumcision, is not anything like normal skin, it's almost like the inside of the vagina, or the skin inside your nose. It is far more open to viruses than normal skin. It's the same reason that a woman has more chance of contracting an STD off a man, than a man has of getting the same thing from an infected woman.

It's not outdated info at all. It's current and proven. Of course, there will always be a study that will say otherwise. But the bottom line is that from a scientific point of view it makes perfect sense.

So youre saying that the skin transforms once the foreskin is removed and becomes I guess you could say "Less Porous"??

Its funny how when this "argument" is brought into the debate how people perceive the studies. In the past Ive been told that the foreskin "traps" the diseases or that its a breeding ground for infections to multiply. Would you mind linking us to the transcript with the study??
The skin does transform once the foreskin is removed, which is also a reason as to why men that aren't circumsised have a more sensitive knob.
Yes it does become less porus. It toughens, for lack of a better word, as there is no foreskin to protect it. It's the same reason why some claim that sensitivity is lost when the foreskin is removed.

I will definitely link you. But I don't have time at the minute. Trinity has just woken up. Will it honestly make any difference though?? Sounds like you have already made your mind up on the subject.
Posted by: mumma2ry
The skin does transform once the foreskin is removed, which is also a reason as to why men that aren't circumsised have a more sensitive knob.

HEHE I just giggled reading that

Sorry Ill be all serious again. Im going to run a survey on that one and get back to you. Ive also heard conflicting responses from men in regards to the sensitivity of their ahem knob lol
Posted by: benmar7982
Yes it does become less porus. It toughens, for lack of a better word, as there is no foreskin to protect it. It's the same reason why some claim that sensitivity is lost when the foreskin is removed.

I will definitely link you. But I don't have time at the minute. Trinity has just woken up. Will it honestly make any difference though?? Sounds like you have already made your mind up on the subject.

I would actually like to read it purely out of interest if nothing more. I personally dont care what others do with their children nor do I jump on people for their beliefs on the topic at hand. I have my reasons for not circumcising the same as you have yours for circumcising. What I would like to do is read the study.
I like doodles:)
Sign in to follow this topic