Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Okay...... Lock Rss

LOL, sorry i didn't know how else to put it lol.

Like any medical procedure or condition there is always conflicting advice and information. Just like immunisations, routine tests during pregnancy etc.

Posted by: mumma2ry
LOL, sorry i didn't know how else to put it lol.

Like any medical procedure or condition there is always conflicting advice and information. Just like immunisations, routine tests during pregnancy etc.

EXACTLLY Thats all I have to say on the topic from here on in but I would still really like to read the study
Posted by: Tysmoo
Posted by: benmar7982
Yes it does become less porus. It toughens, for lack of a better word, as there is no foreskin to protect it. It's the same reason why some claim that sensitivity is lost when the foreskin is removed.

I will definitely link you. But I don't have time at the minute. Trinity has just woken up. Will it honestly make any difference though?? Sounds like you have already made your mind up on the subject.

I would actually like to read it purely out of interest if nothing more. I personally dont care what others do with their children nor do I jump on people for their beliefs on the topic at hand. I have my reasons for not circumcising the same as you have yours for circumcising. What I would like to do is read the study.

This is not where I first got the info from, but it makes a lot of the same points. I'll continue to look for the original one that I read.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/More+evidence+of+protection:+circumcision+reduces+STD+risk+in+men-a0155665742
Thanks for that although reading it the percentages of contracted stds are higher in the uncircumcised men because there were less of them iykwim?? It would be interesting to read an article where the ratio of circumcised to noncircumcised was the same.
Does anyone raise their own kids or are they too busy worrying about the choices of others???

I couldnt care less why people chooose to do anything, chop his member off for to look like daddy for all I care, not my kid not my concern...
I do see your point, but it's still the percentage of that actual amount, does that make sense??

I'm still trawling for this other one. But in any case, I guess it's what you make of it. I choose to believe that it's valid because to me it makes perfect medical sense. But then some people will not think that it does.

As parents we need to sift through the info and decide what we want to take on board and what we don't.
Yeah makes perfect sense I guess im just saying that the numbers could have been identical but the percentage will always be higher in the lesser amount does that make sense?? Like I said Im purely reading out of interest as I dont plan on having anymore children and well Tys is almost at the age where he can chose himself whether or not he wants his foreskin removed lol
I just have to say....

Imagine catching STD's on purpose for a group study haha... eww sharing is caring!
PMSL Denae I didnt think of it like that lmao
LMAO Denae....Ewwww....

deegan was meant to be gettin done tomorrow but wont b now obviously, but our main reason is medically, but i guess in a way thinking about it, i preobably would of got it doen it it wasnt medically because of the lower risk of infections, and if he ever wanted to join the defense force they have to b circumsised to go to war (due to risk of infections) and the fact every other male on both sides of our family is done.

i am not for or against it, i think each to their own, but feel sorry for the lil boys who have to get done at pre school age due to complications with the skin pulling back.

i kinda see it the same as, i dunno, gettin your tonsils out, yes god put it there for a reason, but no harm in getting it removed to prevent future medical issues.
deegan was meant to be gettin done tomorrow but wont b now obviously, but our main reason is medically, but i guess in a way thinking about it, i preobably would of got it doen it it wasnt medically because of the lower risk of infections, and if he ever wanted to join the defense force they have to b circumsised to go to war (due to risk of infections) and the fact every other male on both sides of our family is done.

i am not for or against it, i think each to their own, but feel sorry for the lil boys who have to get done at pre school age due to complications with the skin pulling back.

i kinda see it the same as, i dunno, gettin your tonsils out, yes god put it there for a reason, but no harm in getting it removed to prevent future medical issues.
Sign in to follow this topic