Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. No HCG results in my blood test :o( UPDATED!!!!!!!

No HCG results in my blood test :o( UPDATED!!!!!!! Lock Rss

I had my test done last firday and just rang for the results. Got my blood group my hive hep b bla bla bla results back but when i asked about my HCG levels to see how far along i am she said there was none!!!

UMMM SAY WHAT?

She is going to ring pathology and ask whats happening and ring me back....

Anyone had this happen?

UPDATED:-

Ok well i got my phone call and the results came back and im 6 weeks. So yeah the dates did work out and all is good. Levels are still climbing.

PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited on 22/12/2008]

Oh dear hopefully they just didnt test for that and thats the reason why there are no results. Fingers crossed for you smile
thats just weird! how many HPT did you do that were positive

was it low or was there none at all
I did 2 HPT and both were pos. but before i even did the HPT i went to have my hormones checked for irregular periods as i didnt think i was even pregnant so obusly when i got the results back it came up as i was pregnant.

So then becuase it wasnt a real pregnancy blood test i was sent back for the routine one of checking HIV hep B ect and also to check my HCG levels as my period has been out so it was just to confirm my due date ect.

She said there was no result givin but i was tested for it.

surely theyve stuffed it up somewhere!!!
sounds like a stuff up to me.....

...............BOO...............

It could be what they call a chemical pregnancy - where your body initially becomes pregant but then nothing further then a fertilised egg occurs which eventually gets absorbed back into the body.

Normally with chemical pregnancies you don't even know you're pregnant and just get your normal period or a few days later. But it is known to not get it for a few weeks later wink]

Hopefully that's not the case for you xoxo

Fingers crossed it was just a paper work stuff up and they have not sent the results to your GP
Good luck!

Well im hoping it was just a stuff up. I still have not received a call back so no doubt i wont be getting one this arvo so will be waiting until 2morrow that's even if they remember me then!

Not happy. Infact im quite upset about it.

Fingers crossed for ya hopefully it is just a stuff up

My fiest bloods came back inculisve(SP) but my second bloods came back positive (I waited 2 weeks for my second round of bloods to be done) and I had a scan today and I am 6w 4 days.

Posted by: ***Tracey***
My fiest bloods came back inculisve(SP) but my second bloods came back positive (I waited 2 weeks for my second round of bloods to be done) and I had a scan today and I am 6w 4 days.

Thats lovley you had your scan today gasp)

See as i posted above i already had bloods done before i even knew i was preg and they came back positive so im assuming they should have been able to trace my HCG with this test. So i have no idea what is going on. By last AF dates im 5 weeks and 6 days so i mean it should really be showing up... Although AF's have been a little all over the place i woldnt expect to be any less the 5-6 weeks if anything id expect to be more.

Maybe they have just missplaced it or forgot to fax it through with the rest of the results.

I just wish they would ring and put my mind at ease!

Sign in to follow this topic