Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. how do you get rid of cat pee smell????? PLEASE HELP!!

how do you get rid of cat pee smell????? PLEASE HELP!! Rss

ok, my cat got shut in the bathroom. it happens all the time! he likes it in there! lol
but this time he pee'd in there and now the whole house STINKS!!! i have all the windows and doors open! and its not exactly a warm day!
i have cleaned the bathroom with bathroom cleaner and it still stinks!!!
im sure its coming from the bathroom! he wouldnt deliberatly pee in the house....

please help!! what can i use???
bi carb is supposed to be good for absorbing smells. Just sprinkle a bit over the top and vacuum up! HTH

Oh, tea tree oil. Just splosh it into a spray bottle, add water and spray everwhere. Even pour it neat down the drains if that's where it's coming from. And TT oil will deter him from doing it again - yuk! :S (I do like pets, just not their weeing!)
ok cool thanx! i'll give that a go.

btw im a bit clueless...what does HTH mean? lol
Posted by: Joy3
Oh, tea tree oil. Just splosh it into a spray bottle, add water and spray everwhere. Even pour it neat down the drains if that's where it's coming from. And TT oil will deter him from doing it again - yuk! :S (I do like pets, just not their weeing!)

oh i like the sound of that! can i just get TT oil from the supermarket?
Yep. It's about $6 but will last ages. I go mad with it around the house - love the smell. Just label any bottle you transfer it into - not for kids.
Spray vinegar around it will nutralize the smell and once its dry it loses its smell so no vinegar smell

Cheers Ness

fantastic!! thanx ladies!!
i will get some TT oil tomorrow. in the mean time i will have to use vinegar. but ness will white wine vinegar do the same thing?? we are out of normal vinegar.
HTH means "hope that helps" smile]
[Edited on 30/12/2008]

Yep white vinegar is what I ment sorry. And I just reread that you think the bathroom is the offender so add vinegar to the mop water and do the floors and wipe over all the cabinets with the vinegar.
Cheers Ness

ok cool. thanx very very much ladies! wink

hopefully my house will be cat pee smell free soon! lol

thanx! xx
We have used vinegar, bicarb, tea tree and also eucalyptus oil and found they have all worked really well. My mum also used to swear by nilodor in the little glass bottle. A few drops in a bucket of water and then a few drops in the grout once you've finished mopping. HTH!
Sign in to follow this topic