Huggies Forum

Alarm clocks for kids Rss

When do you think is a good age to give you kids an alarm clock??
We gave DSD one when she started school. She was to wake up and get dressed and organised so when we got up she could have breakfast and be organised in time. If she had've gone to day care everyday then we probably would've started earlier but there was no need. I think if they have a regular routine and need to be up a certain time each day then its good to get them in the habit. She's now 7 and sets it every night. (She started school at 5)
never!! my ds (4 1/2) wanted one of those old fash ones where the bells are on either side at the top and he sets it for whenever (he doesnt know what he's doing) and the bloody thing goes off at 4am! and it is soooo loud! so now i check it every night. he got the idea off garfield and was very disappointed when he didnt get one for xmas.

I have an alarm clock/clock radio in dd's room (6) as she was getting out of bed very early and i have set the alarm for 7.30 but it doesn't go off, she pushes the button to show her what time 7.30 looks like and only then is she allowed out of bed. If she wakes up early she gets a book and lays in bed reading. Has solveded the 5.30 am mornings for me lol
Posted by: simibb
I have an alarm clock/clock radio in dd's room (6) as she was getting out of bed very early and i have set the alarm for 7.30 but it doesn't go off, she pushes the button to show her what time 7.30 looks like and only then is she allowed out of bed. If she wakes up early she gets a book and lays in bed reading. Has solveded the 5.30 am mornings for me lol

This is DH's reason for getting her one!!
it certainly worked for me lol, i get to stay in bed that little bit later so am soooo happy haha!!!
i cant imagine they'd NEED one untill they have to get themselve up like at school etc but i have contemplated getting one to stop DD from gettin gup too early. She is 3 and knows what 6 something or 7 something is so she comes in to our room and if it is 6 something she says "It's 6 o'clock Mummy, It's time to get up!"
Dam me for teaching her that!
DD has had one since just after DS was born.
She used to wake up a 7 or later every morning.
Then it changed to 6.
Some mornings she even wakes up at 5.30!! yuck!

I got her a digital clock in the hopes that she would check it before getting out of bed.
She knows 6 is 'naughty' and 7 is really good, but doesn't actually care enough to ensure she stays in her room til 7!! lol

So it hasn't really worked for us.. YET!!
I live in hope!
Thanks for the information) 4years daughter really loves peppa pig. I've bought a relly cool alarm clock https://cosyhousehold.com/best-alarm-clock-kids/
Sure, she doesn't know the numbers(: But she said - Oh, Peppa wanted me to get up)
Sign in to follow this topic