Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. HHHMMM...........UPDATED WITH THE LIST ....

HHHMMM...........UPDATED WITH THE LIST .... Rss

ok so i decieded to call the realestate to see if the final inspection had been done well it HAS BUT she thought it looked great concidering we'd been there 2 1/2 years

HOWEVER

the owners have returned and have some complaints
my niece drew on the inside of a cubbord (tried to clean it but being chipboard was leaving a mark so decieded to leave it )
a small chip/mark on 1 bedroom door (from putting the cot up and tring to change rooms with it )
a plank of wood (which was there prior to us moving in just didnt think it was a big enough deal to put on the entry report)
the air con remote (which ok i think it got packed by mistake)
the down stairs carpet BUT IF THEY GET SOMEONE THRU TO CLEAN IT AGAIN CAN THEY STILL GET US FOR IT ??
and a bong ! now me and my partner havnt smoked since b4 we moved into this house we did have some one stay with us that could have used it but it is certanly not ours (they found it in the hot water system now for them to find it but us and profesional cleaners to miss it they musthave surched every knook and crany !! so what happens with that ??

OK SO THE LIST NOW IS .....

$400 FOR CARPETS AS SHE THINKS SHE NEEDS TO REPLACE THE CARPET UPSTAIRS AND DOWN (SMALL PINKY SIZE NAIL POLISH LINE NEAR DOOR) (SAID I WOULD GET A CLEANER IN )

$150 FOR SCRATCHES , HOLES AND MARKS ON WALLS (MOST WERE THERE PRIOR TO ME ENTERING)

$100 TO FIX THE GARAGE DOOR LOCK (WE NEVER USED IT !)

$20 FOR A ROLLAR DOOR WHEEL (TOLD THEM I REPLACED 3 OF THEM BEFORE I LEFT AND THERE UNDER $10)

THE TEXTA ON THE BRICK OUTSIDE AND ALSO UPSTAIRS INSIDE THE CUBORD (SAID I WAS HAPPY TO PAINT THE BRICK AND INSIDE THE CUBBORD)

THE AIR CON REMATE (SAID AM HAPPY TO REPLACE)

A WASHING MACHINE (WTF WAS NEVER THERE!)

A LIGHT SHADE (CLEANERS BROKE BUT SAID IF I HAD TO WOULD PAY FOR IT IF THEY COULD FIND ONE AS I WENT SERCHING ALL MONDAY FOR ONE AND NO ONE HAD THE SAME STYLE)

AND A COUPLE OF THINGS I CANT REMEMBER THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THE BONG OR WOOD

ANYWAY NOW SHE WANTS ME TO COME IN AND SIGN OFF ON MY BOND DOES THAT MEAN I SIGN IT OVER TO THEM ? CAUSE I AINT DOING THAT !!!!!!

THANKS SAM
[Edited on 11/01/2009]

MUM TO RJ 28 10 03 & EJ 23 07 06

well thats all i can remember right now got to go see the realestate 10am tomorrow to talk about it!

ooh and they owners are wanting to withhold our bond like not give it back at all ... can they do that ??

well I dont think they have a leg to stand on. Also if you and the realestate lady went through and did the inspection together than I dont see how they can come and say no.

Mum to 5 amazing gifts from God. 3 girls 2 boys

They have to allow for a certain amount of wear and tear on the house. This includes small dings in the walls or scratches and also a little wear on the carpets.

any differences in the entry conditon report and the exit condition report will come out of your bond if you don't fix it yourselves before handover date, so if they get someone in to paint over the drawing mark in the cupboard and fix the chip in the door and clean the carpet then they will take the cost of those repairs and cleaning from your bond.

If you don't agree with it you can lodge a dispute with the rta and they will try and investigate and make a decision. They cannot hold all bond unless you owe your entire bond amount.

THANKS ive got to go see them at 10am tomorrow to talk about it even the realestate chick said the owners are being tooo picky ! so yeah i explained to the agent when i handed back the keys that i would prefere to pay out of my pocket rather than them take the bond ( too much to explain to the new realestate plus it looks better to the new agents if u got ur bond back ) but i seriously dont want to see the owners !

what am i meant to do about the bong tho do i explain that we had a friend stay there or do i just play dumb ??

where is the hot water system? If its outside against the walls of the house they can't say it was you. Someone could have come onto the property and ptu it there at any time (including after you left the property).
na its inside the house ........ in a cubbord where the plank was as well !

oh, bugger.
Don't pay for any of this and don't sign the form for them to get your bond. It is fair ware and tare which is more then acceptable. Tell the real estate that you are not paying and the owners can take you to the tennancy tribunal if they want. If they still want sign to release your bond ( they have a certain amount of time to do this in depending on what state you are in - usually about 1 month) you take them to the tribunal to get the bond back. It will cost you less then $100 and if i mean when you win the other party pays anyway.If it goes this way ring up your tennancy advice centre and asked them how to do it. You will win - we did in something very similar to this.
I'm thinking ware and tare to... as for the bong... well meh!!! we all have out side lives.. you don't have to explain yourself to anyone... if the bong had fallen over and burnt the carpet that would be a problem... but it hasn't...

Chat to the real estate then if that fails RTA...

Good Luck.

BUMP

Sign in to follow this topic