Huggies Forum

I just dont understand !! Lock Rss

I think the reason MIL annoys me is I don't feel I can tell her when she bugs me cos I don't want to upset her so I just say nothing and breathe a sigh of relief when she finally leaves. I know if my own mum did or said the things MIL did then it would pee me off too but the only difference is I know I can tell my mum so and she won't get upset with me. Plus MIL and FIL hold grudges like forever!! So I don't want to get on their bad side LOL But in general she's ok and I know she would do anything I ask her to so she's not all bad.
My MIL is ok. Sometimes she drives me crazy and I'll be at their place for 5mins and can't wait to get home but othertimes we go there and I have a really good time. She is an odd woman though and tells me strange things, like she fell off her bike a while back and then got this lump on her elbow where she cut it and she told me she was having an operation because there was poison trapped in there.. I didn't understand that lol. And she thinks it's funny when FIL is mean to my DF and is always telling him how much weight he's put on and blah blah but I don't think she means it in a spitful way. My family have only met her a few times and they all tell me what a strange woman she is lol but she doesn't go out of her way to be mean to me so she's ok. We don't see them very often though which MIL does b!itch about to DF but saying that they haven't been out to our new place once and only visited us at our last place twice and we were there for well over a year.

My DF has a great MIL though lol. They get along really well and always tell each other lame jokes so it's great for me!

Posted by: ~mumto3boys,1girl~
Has anyone had the thought that we will eventually be MIL's or FIL's ourselves one day? - Lets hope we don't give out future sons or daughter in laws reason to be writing these threads about us!!!

oh, yes! I have thought about this alot, and I have learnt alot from my MIL on how not to be!
I have good intentions, but when that time comes, fingers crossed I can stick to them!

I agree to a point...

I swear my MIL has a screw loose lol. But we still see her and I know her heart is in the right place. I just ration my visits so I am able to stay pleasant and I hate to say it but she will probably not babysit until dd is in school. In saying that we do have overnight visits where she gets to spend time with her though.

She has crossed the line a few times in saying certain things and buying things for dd after we have asked her not to, in these instances I have had DH say something to her quietly about what she has said and if she buys stuff we have asked her not to then they stay at her house...

I think your right Frenchie !! ....your not a prude at all ...just a 25 year old with good manners (even if I do say so myslef !! lol lol lol lol )

I am a good communicater so if someone is giving me enough grief to cause me stress then I would open up the line and talk about it (I know ..some dont deserve this ...but I feel it is always worth a go ) sometiems it works and sometimes it doesnt ..but I am open and honest and if she says something out of line I sort of show her how unappropriate it is by my facial expression ...I dont crack a sad and march home and I dont hold onto it ...if it is done to ofetn then I stay away for a while ...I dont need to put myslef into that situation !!! ...

I know I am fortunate that she absolutly adores my son and my hosband and would do everything in her power to make sure they are ok ...weather it be by feeding them ( this must be a grandparent thing to do ...my grandmother did noting but feed me aswell ..!! Lol lol lol lol ) or just sitting and reading a book .....so I know I am very very fortunate there ...and I honestly dont take this for granted ...
LOL Frankie you can direct this thread at me if you like.

I dont hate my MIL, but I just dont see the point in bothering with her and that not taking it from my perspective but DHs. She blatantly favours SIL so why bother with someone like that. My preference is to get along but you cant have a decent conversation with her without her trying to have a dig so as I said WHY BOTHER??? She has no important part in my life and the the choice she has made with her sillyness. She has to be one of those people that does better is better than everyone else and that includes dragging her son down. It kills her and she doesnt hide it that her son does better than her daughter and what type of parent does that, so I will say it again WHY BOTHER!!

To me people that are detrimental to your life neednt be there regardless of relationship...
[Edited on 10/01/2009]
Posted by: Ebony&Tanika''sMum
I think the reason MIL annoys me is I don't feel I can tell her when she bugs me cos I don't want to upset her so I just say nothing and breathe a sigh of relief when she finally leaves. I know if my own mum did or said the things MIL did then it would pee me off too but the only difference is I know I can tell my mum so and she won't get upset with me. Plus MIL and FIL hold grudges like forever!!

My MIL is EXACTLY like this.

To me people that are detrimental to your life neednt be there regardless of relationship...

oh I completely agree ...like i said ...if she is a cow she is a cow ...not much you can do about it !! ..
K I am willing to give you my MIL but I will bet she comes back 'return to sender'. I would love to get along with the MIL but she will never let that happen. I just try and avoid her except weddings funerals birthdays and christmas
Cheers Ness

i whinge about my mil/sil all the time. But when too people have put all there effort into trying there hardest to ruin my marriage, i get angry.

My dh agree's his mother and sister are doing nothing but trying to ruin our marriage even the marriage counsellor agree's.

and yes i could try to ignore mil/sil and be the bigger and better person, but when sil/mil treat my children badly because of there distaste for me. We decided enough is enough.

i hope i never talk to mil/sil again because my children will not be the meat in the sandwich of mil/sil silly games.

and i was happy to let them see the children but they continued to treat the kids badly because of me, so they will not see there grandchildren again..

any how each to your own when it comes to mil...

i just know in my heart we have done the right thing for our children and our marriage...
my MIL and i are starting to get along. its a long story there but DP thinks shes starting to realise im not going anywhere and we are in this for the long haul. shes never said anything nasty in regards to me, shes actually a nice lady and ive known her for years (although i dont think she remembers me hahaha), but it was just her reservations about me and worrying about DP. we see them weekly for dinner and i think thats eased her mind a fair bit.

my ex MIL tho... OMG was she a HORRIBLE person!!! she actually attacked me when i was 6 weeks preg with DS! we got into a full on brawl! everything i did was wrong it had to be her way, and i was constantly made to feel like shit, she was very abusive. it didnt help my ex was a mummys boy to the max and didnt stand up for me, whenever she picked a fight with me he would just walk away. needless to say when he went to jail for break and enters (his mummy had a pokie habit and she expected him to support it) i walked away from the relationship. (which is when i met someone else, fell preg, then split up). when the ex got out of jail he came looking for me to start afresh and when i didnt i wanted to move on with my life, his mummy came over to the house of a friends and attacked me for not looking after him and called me a sluut because id fallen preg when i should have been standing by the gates to the jail waiting for him etc

DS 18-08-05! & look out 2010- a new me is coming!

My MIL is an evil cow, end of story, LOL.

I've tried, oh how I've tried to make things work and be pleasant between us, but it aint gonna happen. I swear that her and my FIL are from the planet 'WE HATE YOU', LMAO!!

I'm over it all, I wont be speaking to any of DF's family again after some of the stuff that has gone on of late, and that makes me feel good about my life. YAY me!!
Sign in to follow this topic