Huggies Forum

My 5yr old Rss

well I am sitting here crying. Really this kid is pushing me over the edge. I dont know what to do.

Tonight I craked and told him to shut up just shut up. GOD I FEEL SO BAD> I never talk like that. I have been patient and trying to ignore things.

But everything is a back answer everything is a I hate you if he doesn't get his own way. I am on the edge really.

What do you do and what works with getting him to stop back answering and being a smart ass.

Mum to 5 amazing gifts from God. 3 girls 2 boys

I have no advice but you look like you need a ~*GBH*~

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

I dont know what to say to make you feel better except that ask anyone with an older child and they will tell you (well majority of them will) that you are not alone. Unfortunately none of us are perfect and alot of us if not all will lose it at some stage with our kids. Take it as a learning experience although I have to say I learnt nothing from it and have repeated the behaviour I have been less then proud of. Sometimes it is so hard to remain cool calm and collected when they continually push your buttons.

(((GBH))) one day it will get better I just dont know when smile
thanks

My dh just rang me from work and you what his words were. Well your ways aren't working so you better find new ones. UMM you try puttin gup with it 24/7 than lets see what you would do

Tysmoo I just feel like such a failure and totally like what the heck. I can't stand that i did it and that I went off. I just was at the end \\

How did you boy react when you said that to him?

3year old wonderful little helper

Posted by: sweetangel
Tysmoo I just feel like such a failure and totally like what the heck. I can't stand that i did it and that I went off. I just was at the end \\

Its normal to feel this way. You reacted differently to how you would normally react and this shocked you. Lets hope it also shocked your son. Dont beat yourself up you arent the first and you certainly wont be the last to lose the plot smile
As the others have said, don't beat yourself up about it. If it would make you feel better apologise to him later and explain why you reacted the way you did.

My DS is also 5 and sometimes the back chatting can get to much. Usually I tell him that he doesn't talk to me like that and that I wont speak to him unless he can speak to me properly. And then I don't. He really hates the silent treatment so it works well for him.

Time out and taking his favourite toys away also works from time to time.

Karen, DS1 31/8/03, DD 12/3/07, DS2 16/12/09

dont apologise to him! he did the wrong thing.

talk to him and ask him if it hurt him when mummy spoke to him like that, then explain to him that it hurts you when he speaks rudely to you too.

then if he keeps doing it punish him. doesnt have to be a big thing maybe do a sticker/stamp chart and if he isnt rude til lunch time he can have a sticker than if he isnt rude till bed time he gets another one. then at the end of the week if he has say 10/14 stickers he can get a small reward?

it is ok to raise your voice occasionally just not all the time. u might find that this experience will snap him out of it especially if u rarely yell!

Sign in to follow this topic