Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. I'm freaking out - updated, only a gland!

I'm freaking out - updated, only a gland! Rss

I found a lump on my neck, I don't know how long oit might have been there for, its not somewhere I regularly check.
So besides from the worst case, what could it be??
I have a Drs appointment tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar?
[Edited on 15/01/2009]

i could just be a swollen gland

hopefully nothing to serious, try not to stress too much
yeah i was thinking maybe swollen gland
is it sore or red? (apart from you touching it to make it red?) it could just be a cyst, how big is it?

is it sore or red? (apart from you touching it to make it red?) it could just be a cyst, how big is it?

i dont want to scare u any more then u already are! but please, please make sure the dr is thorough... if u want to know why...

3 years ago my dad noticed a lump on his neck, dr took biopsy, was cancerous... numerous tests and scans later, diagnosed with lung cancer, and died within just four months...

It is probably NOTHING, but please just make sure the dr is thourough... sorry for scaring you even more...
I found a lump in my neck a few years ago, turned out i hand glandular fever.

sorry, i had to duck out to the shops!
its towards the back, kind of near me hair-line, but still on the side.
its not sore or red at all, its just there!
my sister had glandular fever not long ago, so that is a definite possibilty, i did try to stay away from her though!
i'm sure its nothing major, ill feel better after the doc looks at it tomorrow!

i got the same thing at the moment and im freaking out about it, my throat is sore and i have a huge lump near my right gland, im freaking out cos my mums friend only just had one and it was cnacer and i have been smoking for years and alot more recently since the seperation. but i hope its nothing let me know what it is so u can put me at ease too lol i cant afford to go to the dr for at least another fortnight
Posted by: Jake_And_Maddies_Mum
i dont want to scare u any more then u already are! but please, please make sure the dr is thorough... if u want to know why...

3 years ago my dad noticed a lump on his neck, dr took biopsy, was cancerous... numerous tests and scans later, diagnosed with lung cancer, and died within just four months...

It is probably NOTHING, but please just make sure the dr is thourough... sorry for scaring you even more...

UMMM I am sorry for the loss of your dad but should you really be saying that when she is already stressed out.

Mum to 5 amazing gifts from God. 3 girls 2 boys

get it checked out for sure, but remember it most likely is something harmless, so don't stress yet.

Could it be a pimple?, boil, cyst, swollen gland.

good luck! keep us updated!

i totally understand that, but i did apologise already.. and it didnt seem to bother her... im just worried for her thats all, and moo courty too!!
BUT

again, i am sorry if i have caused u further stress, i just think you should just make sure they rule EVERYTHING out and not just brush it off as nothing like alot of drs these days seem to do!!
Sign in to follow this topic