Huggies Forum

4 under 4??? Lock Rss

I'm finding 3 kids so close together is really hard work for me. I'm not planning on having any more, but thinking about it I reckon 2 close together, then a break for a couple of years, then 2 more would be just great. My friend did that, and she says it's perfect.

I'm not the most organised person, so my house is always chaotic. Yours might not be that way, but I think if you like structure and everything the way you like it then it would be a lot easier with a break before the next 2 kids.
I thought we would have 3 under 3, but no way.. DD1 is 34 months and DD2 is 16 months, but I think 3 for me right now, it would be too hard...LOL - and this body needs a rest..LOL

We are talking about having another one next year so it'll be an 18 month gap between 1 and 2, and 2 years between 2 and 3 - which I think I could cope with better...

Good luck with your decision
Toni i had the same theory. i would love to have ashlee in pre-school and have a newborn, that way i can give ashlee all that time and attention and then when the new child comes along i can do the same for it and ash would be off to school and be a big girl and could help out etc
however that has its downsides too but it sounds good in theory!
i am just finding it frustrating when there are som many things you can't do to entertain the older one when you have a young one who for example will eat the playdough, paint, or collage stuff... or who will crawl or run off in the other direction at the park, or who needs day sleeps etc etc.

and cooking dinner is a nightmare in my house!
I would have a break, then another pair.
I'm the opposite of Alwaysawake, I like a bigger gap. I had 4 years between the first two which was fantastic.
Then a gap of ten years. Now 2 girls 2 years apart. Not really enjoying it, I knew what I was in for but had them closer because of my age. And having already been a Mum since age 21 didn't want to have the last one at 40!

Michelle- 3 boys-17,13 & 9 -2 girls-3 & 1

oh toni i hadnt thought of all those things as well...that makes it all the more difficult to decide what the hell to do!

argh dammit Sarah now you have me thinking!
Hmmm, if you are going to embark on that kind of adventure, just amke sure you are ready!

I have two 13 odd months apart, and want two more, but dont want to start ttc until isaiah is walking confidently (Brendan didnt walk unit 17months!! And Isaiah is a big baby!! I think if they are a bit older, they can help out a bit.

I wish i statred earlier, I dont think I'll have the 6 I want!!!

Currently happy with two, but if I'm allowed to have no 4 (pretty sure we've agrreed on no3) I prob have another close age gap (maybe 15 or 16mnths)

I think you just learn to cope with whatever is thrown at you!lol

DS was just under 4 when #3 came along and yes it was hard at the start but I love it now, Reagan still doesn;t sleep but you just kind of get used to it!

I don;t know if its easier that I am NOT a control freak though! lol I don;t care if the house is untidy, as long as its clean and the kids are happy thats wll that matters, DH also works away off & on during the summer and when he is home he is gone from 2am - 6pm anyway and in bed by 8pm so I have everything done anyway.

with hindsight,I wish I had spaced mine out more but as did not start until almost 35 did not have the luxury of time,I think my eldest son is hard done by as by 2 and a half he was a big brother 2 times over.But on the other hand why not just jump in the deep end and sink or swim LOL is dh planning to spend a lot of time at home to'help' out?

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

In the words of a famous shoe company....Just do it!

lol I think you cope with whatever life throws at you or in this case blesses you with. I don't have that closer age group with that many children but I do have 4 children and 3 of them are reasonably close together (4,almost 2 and 10 weeks). You just manage, some days are harder than others but it doesn't get too crazy.
Posted by: vkw
with hindsight,I wish I had spaced mine out more but as did not start until almost 35 did not have the luxury of time,I think my eldest son is hard done by as by 2 and a half he was a big brother 2 times over.But on the other hand why not just jump in the deep end and sink or swim LOL is dh planning to spend a lot of time at home to'help' out?

lol nope DH will be away for a month at a time - so essentially he will be overseas for 6mths out of every year in Africa (Congo).

So I would be doing it alone. hmmmm I have been told by other mums who have done it to "Just do it". Apparently its really hard for the first few years but you get all the yucky bits (potty training, infant sicknesses) all over together and they grow up close and play well together as they are all into the sames things all at one - IYKWIM?

ahhh I'm really indecisive!
If it was me I would wait a few years and have another 2, considering you are a neat freak and a little crazy (your words lol) and DH works away alot. You're still young and I don't see the sense in rushing, just enjoy them!

I have almost 4 years between my first 2 which was fantastic, she went to preschool which gave me 1 on 1 time with the baby then 17 months later I had another one, it was hard for a while there but now my youngest is 20 months I am loving having the 2 little ones close in age and I actually feel that my oldest is in a completely different stage in her life than the younger ones, which makes it difficult while planning activities for the family!

Sign in to follow this topic