Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Anybody Studying? Rss

Hi everyone,

I am about to start a degree through distance ed at uni and am a bit worried about time and motivation. I studyied nursing after i left school but it has been 7 years now and i never really had to work hard for good marks, wanted to see how other people cope. Is anyone here in the same boat?
Hi biancam,

I am studying for a diploma through correspondance and due with my first any day. I also studied nursing when I left highschool but dropped out after the first year, that was about 5 years ago!

I have found motivating myself is really hard - I go through a burst where I get into it and then life seems to get in the way. When I was working I was always using that as an excuse - so when bubs comes along I am going to really have to push myself to find the time.

What are you studying? I think it's important to make a set time each day/week to sit down and work without distractions. Let me know how your going.

Ellie B

two gorgeous girls!

HI Bianca

I went back and did my Tee or Hsc if you are from over East. I did one clas contact and the other by open learning. I ended up with really good marks and plenty high enough to get into the course I wanted to do. At the time I had 3 kids 4, nearly 3 and a 6 month old when I started.
Doing the open learning subject meant that I needed to be very self motivated as you will have to be.

A few tips that worked for me was I would get up on time in the morning and work like the clappers.THen when the kids went for an afternoon sleep I would put in an hour then. I set a good night routine also for getting the kids to bed. THat way as soon as they were in bed I would go straight to my study and get stuck into it. If you set goals for yourself really helps too. Like this week I want to get that assignment done and the reasearch for the next one done etc.

Most of all you need to believe in yourself and know that you can do it and achieve good results. If you doubt yourself, you are already beginning to fail!

All the best...You can do it

Keesh

fab mum of 4

Sign in to follow this topic