Huggies Forum

who else is still exhausted?? Rss

HI Mums

My daughter is now 6 months, and although things are getting easier now i am still really exhausted.
Is everyone else like this? I know it would help a lot if she was sleeping through the night(still wakes at least 3 times, sometimes more), but i seem to feel more tired as the days go by.Am i just building up a big sleep debt?!
hello Lara,
i found with me i seemed to make more work for myself than needed. my little one is now 1 and a half and when i look back to all the things i have to look forward to soon, i realized i needed to relax!!
i wasent stressed or anything like that i just liked everything to be perfect, now its a different story!!
with your little one still waking up 3+ times a night i would try something different, but just remember you do what feels right!
i would try not to concentrate on the sleepless nights (hard i know) i would try and do a lot of exercice/play with the baby so she gets tired and maybe she and you will only wake 1 or 2 times a night (remember you do what you want this is only ideas)
whats her bed time routien?
with Tasmin when she starts to change her sleeping patteren, i think somthing has to change in her day time play, and things usally fall back into place.
i wish you the best and look forward to hearing how your going.

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

HI Catherine

Thanks for your reply.
Well, i guess i dont have much of a routine going on at the moment.I would love to have one, but seems impossible because Tayla catnaps during the day. Her sleeps are never long than 30 mins.Bit of a disaster!
She ends up going to bed pretty early(usually 6) because she is so tired from not having a decent sleep. I have tried to change this but seems near impossible so i admit i think i have given up!!
Thinking more and more that she doesnt need her night feeds though, she must just be waking out of habit. What do you think?? I know a lot of babies arent sleeping through at this age, but there is a lot who are too.....sigh
My baby only catnaps, too, and i found that taking her outside after her bath woke her up enough so that i could put her to bed around 7pm. She's 10 months old now, sleeps all night in my bed and that's what suits us, so find something that works and stick to it, and ignore the health professionals who say that things shouldn't be done this way. try to stay away from control crying, this destroys babies, i did it with mine for 1 day and she started waking up through the night often and has taken til now to get back in to sleeping all night. Hang in there and you'll get it right. SHe's only a baby for such a short time. She'll be growing up fast soon and you'll think back and the sleepless nights are not one of the things that will be thought of straight away. She still catnaps, 10-15 minutes, 3 times a day, but what we do works for us and i'm sure that once you find what works for you two things will be so much easier. Good luck with it all.

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

Hi,
My boy was and still is at times a terrible sleeper. He rarely sleeps through the night but when he turned seven months I thought that's enough of night feeds so we bit the bullet and with dad's help we made it. Now at 8 and a half he sleeps much better and i only need to feed him his early morning feed which is anywhere between 4 -6 am and then he goes back to sleep for a couple of hours.
At night he goes down at approx 6-6.30pm he can't stay awake any longer. So all up i don't think it's a bad sleep. But, getting back to the topic I too still find myself such as exhausted as now he wants to walk everywhere. By the way I never wooried about the housework as it was impossible to get done as my time with Andre was more important. But I found that I can never exhaust him he's an energiser battery he just keeps going and going LOL.
I am enjoying him more now and tiredness is becoming normal for me now.
P.s Ifound giving him his milk and solids at the same times everyday worked wonders.

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

Hi Everyone who replied
Its good to know im in the same boat as others. I knew when i had a baby i would be losing a lot of sleep, but i didnt think id lose this much! Shows us how strong we are! Maybe i am worrying too much about the whole sleeping through the night thing. I guess all babies are different.Every now and then i reach my boiling point!, but i know its all worth it when i see her smile. I do agree with you Jade that controlled crying makes the situation worse.Maybe not in all cases but definately in mine. After all, how are they meant to trust us if we leave them to cry? I have tried a modified form of CC, where i would let her cry for no more than 2mins.At first i did have some improvement, but then it would all go back to how it was. I guess i just have to ride this one out.Sorry if i sound selfish, i guess i would just love to have a full nights sleep to recharge my batteries!! ha ha
hi Lara,
i know its wrong but when i found out i was pregnant with my first, i said to myself that i wouldnt let the baby stop me from doing what i loved doing the most which is driving!!
with some exception, and a few bad coments from family and friends, i never let the baby stop me from going out and about.
so she ended up being a cat napper, she would grab sleep when she was in the car or anywhere and we both never had a problem with this.
i was the same with Tasmin, i set myself up with the sleepless nights expecting about 3/4 months of it lucky for me she settled down, but if she didnt i would be asking myself what now!!
good luck in what you decide bye

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

I found that giving my daughter Storm (6mths) a bath at around 9pm every night has helped greatly. As she is niced and relaxed after a bath I found a new massage mousse made by Am.O.Lin that has lavander in it so she gets a massage after her bath and then a bottle of milk and is asleep by 9.30. she only stirs once during the night all i do is pop her dummy in and she straight back asleep. She normally sleeps till about 6.30 - 7.30. This has helped a whole lot. As Storm had swapped her days for nightsshe used to be awake all night. Silly me didnt relise this until she was about 1 1/2 mths. Now its just a routine that works pretty well for us, and shes now being used to feeding and sleeping at this time that if she doesnt have a bath she sleeps just as well. Hope this helps.

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

Sign in to follow this topic