Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

cleaning a shower head Rss

I have recently noticed that our shower head is starting to spray everywhere but down. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that know of a home remedy that would clear this up. I don't want to have to go and by CLR or something like that as how often do you have to clean the shower heads.

So if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

Thanks
I have read on a website for natural cleaning solutions that the problem is a build-up of mineral deposits. It recommended to soak the shower head in a 50-50 solution of vinegar and boiling water. Worth a try, I think, and almost for free! There are probably other sites with info about DIY solutions that don't cost much. Try a Google search.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Well I tried the vinegar and it worked great. We now can have a shower wthout having to run around to find a decent stream of water smile

Thanks
I've just read your reply - I'm so pleased that it worked. It's amazing what you can do with products that are free or cost so little, and are environmentally safe. I panic having bottles of stuff in the house with a VERY curious toddler, so I love using safe products to clean with. Vinegar and Bi-carb soda can clean so many things. Heres to new, CLEANER you!!!

nyrrek
where do you find all the ideas? are they common sense and we are a little slow or do you read them some where or are they passed down? i've written a few things everyones said down.. its so clever that house hold cooking items can be used so we are not using anything to dramatic to clean with i have bought enyo and have been using that for the last 8 months or so. i dont like chemicals being in the house with a curious george of a toddler.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

I read EVERYTHING! And I always have. No, that's not really all it is about, but as a SAHM (that works a little part-time), has four kids, runs a Children's and Youth organisation (with my husband) and has a very busy husband - I have to be organised and on top of life at home. I am a frequent visitor to online organising and homemaking sites. I am not a 'man work', 'woman stay home' advocate, but that is our current circumstance, so I tackle 'homemaking' as a profession. There are heaps of sites (mainly american unfortunately) that are dedicated to homemaking, cleaning and organising for the modern, busy woman. They are aimed at enabling time-poor mums to have an efficient, homey and clean house - most of the time! Try doing a google search for keywords like 'homemaker', 'organizing', or 'cleaning'. You will find heaps of ideas and tips to organise a smooth running household. The most useful ideas I get, are really just from doing this homemaking gig for so long, I guess. I have been married for nearly ten years and home (with part-time work in between babies) for nine years. I use some Enjo stuff, too. I have asthma, so their products are pretty good for that reason.

buy a new one, life's too short to clean

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

I didn't realise it was such a sensitive topic to post anonamously under! LOL
Sign in to follow this topic