Huggies Forum

Being silly? Rss

A friend of ours had a b'day party for her DD not long ago and we didn't get an invite. Im pretty offended as we live in the street behind her and we've been friends for ages.

I spoke to DH about it and he said it may be because he booked her DH for a driving offence just before Xmas.

Does that mean that our children should be outcast and not invited? Probably being abit immature, and I should really just ask her, but I think I'll wait till Im not so annoyed.

I LOVE BEING A MUMMY!

I dont know.. I'd probably find it hard to be friendly to someone who just fined me! hehe
But that's the thing, I didn't fine him, the children didn't fine him and if he hadn't done the wrong thing, DH wouldn't have fined him either.

Meh, plenty more party's to attend I guess!

I LOVE BEING A MUMMY!

They probably feel your DH should have let him off and are offended. Oh well, he was just doing his job! She should have spoken to you if she had a problem!!
I think they are being silly, your dh was just doing his job, he cant help that they were speeding. They are prob annoyed that your dh didnt let him go, which is silly again you dh is just doing his job. Obviously these people arent worthy of being your friend if they cant look at the big picture, it was their own fault not your dh's.

But yes I would be hurt to, if its the reason.

Posted by: HnB*sMummy
But that's the thing, I didn't fine him, the children didn't fine him and if he hadn't done the wrong thing, DH wouldn't have fined him either.

Meh, plenty more party's to attend I guess!

I see what you're saying.. But you guys are a package. Theres 2 things here, one, the husband is probably cranky that he fined him and 2, he is probably embarrassed to be caught doing the wrong thing...
Adults can act like children sometimes...having said that...we did the exact same thing last weekend. We didn't invite a family due to adult issues (squabbling husbands). Is it fair on the partner and child? Nope but it happens. If I had invited the family my husband would have been uncomfortable in his own home and at his daughter's party...I didn't want that so they didn't get invited.
dee is right if my dh didn't like your dh or something unfortunatly I wouldn't hvae invited your child because it would have been uncomfortable. But my dh is so easy going it would take a lot for that to be the case.

I know it hurts though. This lady at our church invited EVERY child except mine to a party she was having due to the fact she is so jealous of me she cant even look me in the eye. Seriously now that hurt more than anything as I was so nice to her and tried to be her friend but she didn't want it so snubed my kid.

Worst still my kid found out and cried his heart out, but as I said to him it is their party and they can do what thye like.

I hope you feel a bit better soon. GBH
I have heard of people getting let off for driving offences, even drink driving when they know the policeman that pulled them over. Its just a well known fact unfortunately.

So, yes, your friends would be offended or shirty with him given that fact. Even tho he was in the wrong.

Was it a case of yr hubby had another policeman with him and couldnt have let him off?? Not to say he should have but.... If so, tell them that. Or if the friendship is not that important, then just leave it. Im sure youl meet lots of others kiddies for yrs to play with...smile

DS1,5yrs,DS2 2.5yrs..I love my beautiful boys!!

Yes, it does sound sad, but don't worry about it and let it go!
I wouldn't ask her about it, because in all honesty why have a confrontation - you weren't invited and that's it! I wouldn't bother being friends with her anymore anyway - I am sure you have plenty of other friends that don't treat you like this.
Does your child feel left out that they weren't invited? I hope your DD/DS? wasn't upset by what adults do!
All the best
I use to work at a day care centre and the director had a daughter that attended the day care centre. This other lady invited every kid in the class except for the directors daughter to a party all because the director asked her to pay some of her fees as she owed over $5000. I think some people are just silly
Posted by: inlovewithhubby
dee is right if my dh didn't like your dh or something unfortunatly I wouldn't hvae invited your child because it would have been uncomfortable. But my dh is so easy going it would take a lot for that to be the case.

I know it hurts though. This lady at our church invited EVERY child except mine to a party she was having due to the fact she is so jealous of me she cant even look me in the eye. Seriously now that hurt more than anything as I was so nice to her and tried to be her friend but she didn't want it so snubed my kid.

Worst still my kid found out and cried his heart out, but as I said to him it is their party and they can do what thye like.

I hope you feel a bit better soon. GBH

a lady from your CHURCH did that?? some christian!!

i was pretty sure envy was one of those deadly sins tongue

breaks my heart that your little one cried coz he missed out

Sign in to follow this topic