Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Along the teenage pregnancy lines..

Along the teenage pregnancy lines.. Lock Rss

Not an amusing topic right now i know but there's a great TV show on Foxtel called The Baby Borrowers.
They taken half a dozen young couples (16-19yo) and put them in houses together (as couples) and given them jobs and they have to look after themselves. Then they get those pregnancy bellies for a couple of days then REAL babies (lawd knows what the real babies parents where thinking but hey...) to look after by themselves.
Then they get toddlers!
Then they get tweens!
Then they get TEENAGERS! and a pet...

and to top it all off then they get Old people.

It's only just started so they haven't had the babies yet but the snippets look interesting.

Personally I think all kids should have to go through this as part of the education! smile
I love this kind of reality TV.
Sounds like a laugh!
In grade 9, our home ec class got those crying doll things, where you have to stick the little key into it's back and hold it in till it stopped crying (could take up to 20 mins). The hardest thing was the dolls were just so heavy!! When I had my doll for the weekend, I took the little box out of the back of it, so I didn't have to hold the heavy doll all night while I held the key in it's back. lol.

When the dolls' batteries were beginning to go flat, they would cry constantly. One girl in my class whos doll started going flat, ended up locking the screaming doll into the back of her mum's car...

it was a disaster! lol

It's already been on in New Zealand it is quite intersting. Alot of the couples dont stay together

Sounds interseting. Wish they'd put this sort of stuff on Free to air tv
To be honest I think the broken crying doll is a better life lesson. Hearing a crying baby and sticking the 'key' in seems to easy. What about in real life when you pick up the baby and it doesn't stop crying? (like the one in the boot)
I thought babies would be simple enough to look after but as you all know I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

I was only 16 when I had my first and it was a big shock to the system! Even now, my baby is nearly 2 and the amount of work that goes into their everyday care, just to feed, dress, bath and put them to sleep is exhausting.
I think the dolls are a good start but there needs to be so many more sex ed in schools expecially how hard having a baby really is.

I think that they should show a movie of someone giving birth and stop it as soon as it is out and see how they feel about having babies then!
Posted by: Sharoo

I think that they should show a movie of someone giving birth and stop it as soon as it is out and see how they feel about having babies then!

Showing a birth video to male teens would probably work...I remember in antenatal classes, my DH just about fainted when we watched one...lol.

I watched the first episode last night, I really enjoyed it I can't wait till the next episode when the babies arrive should be very interesting lol

But who in there right mind would give there by up for a reality TV show to be looked after by kids? It is not something I could do I would be so stressed the whole time!

Posted by: George+CharliesMum
Posted by: Sharoo

Showing a birth video to male teens would probably work...I remember in antenatal classes, my DH just about fainted when we watched one...lol.

LOL that is soooo true.. And the young girls would see the hoo-haa's stretching to buggery & freak right out too lol...
Yes, i think more graphic sex ed wouldnt go astray for 15+ ... maybe younger these days??

I have seen on the US version on youtube that the parents of the babies watch on CCTV the whole time.
Sounds awesome!

I have a 3 year old i can lend them for a few days. Put them off kids for life!

I agree with more sex ed in schools. I went to a catholic school and we werent allowed to speak about safe sex- is it any wonder catholic school girls have a bad rep! lol

If i knew how hard kids were i'd have waited another few years... and i'm 27!
Posted by: George+CharliesMum
When the dolls' batteries were beginning to go flat, they would cry constantly.

Maybe thats what wrong with my kids! 20 minutes isnt very long for a baby to cry in 'reality!'
Ooh, I wonder if there is any upcoming follow ons - I will donate my 18 month old!! She still wakes 3 times a night and is a very headstrong darling! LOL!!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic