Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How is it Lock Rss

Posted by: TwoFlopsyBunnies
SAHM subsidies for childcare are only for 24hrs tho - so 2 days a week... then you pay full price.

ETA - we really are the lucky country and more ppl should appreciate it. I am glad you do smile
[Edited on 03/03/2009]

That's fine - but if you are a SAH parent then there is no real need for care - IYKWIM - thererfore 2 days a week should be more than enough for a child with stay at home parents to be in care. The parents shouldnt be whining - they should be thankful that they are offered that through our governmnet.

it just gets up my nose thats all. Theres a lot of stuff that gets up my nose thanks to my current location... LOL
My kids are at daycare 2 days a week, coz i am studying, and I get subsided fees - jetcare, so i only pay $5.40 for both kids both days.

oh, and they give me a education payment too, so that tops up the payment to $1200 per fortnight. The $1150 was just as a single mother of 2. That may vary $20 per fortnight from child support.

I get the others have debts and stuff, but as a single mother, financially there isnt much chance that you would clear $600 per week after tax and child care fees.

Posted by: bothboys
My kids are at daycare 2 days a week, coz i am studying, and I get subsided fees - jetcare, so i only pay $5.40 for both kids both days.

SAHM & studying - 2 very different things in my book!

Good on you bothboys!
[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Chiliwoman [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] TwoFlopsyBunnies SAHM subsidies for childcare are only for 24hrs tho - so 2 days a week... then you pay full price. ETA - we really are the lucky country and more ppl should appreciate it. I am glad you do smile [Edited on 03/03/2009][/quote] [quote] thats fine - but if you are a SAH parent then there is no real need for care - IYKWIM - thererfore 2 days a week should be more than enough for a child with stay at home parents to be in care.[/quote] i agree! [quote] The parents shouldnt be whining - they should be thankful that they are offered that through our governmnet.[/quote] i am not whining and am very thankful [quote]it just gets up my nose thats all. Theres a lot of stuff that gets up my nose thanks to my current location... LOL[/quote]
A few months ago I went from having a savings account to struggling week to week!
My dog got sick (vet costs), My brother broke up with his gf and I gave him a bit of money to help him out on top of picking him up and dropping him off from and airport 2 hours away, My car service ($400!!) I need new tires very soon and to top my great luck at the moment I hit a Kangaroo in my dads car last night...

Other than the car service none were expected, being able to budget week to week is good when you know something is coming up but I really wasn't ready for all that and I'm sure there's more I missed! Currently I am trying to madly save and until last night was getting there!!
Posted by: BubbaGirlsMama
My sister always complains how broke she is and she is a single mum of 3, so if you get that, i can imagine what she gets.

Its pretty obvious though that she is never broke, as she always has new clothes and has the money to go out and party and buying things for her house.

Wish they had MORTGAGE assistance....

ETA her house not our house (DF won't let her in our house haha)
[Edited on 03/03/2009]

Im a single mum of 3 and i get LESS than the OP in SPP & pay a hell of a lot more for daycare.
After rent, car payments, school costs, daycare fees, food, bills, savings towards bills, petrol, sports fees there is never anything left!!

Not easy street by any means running a house hold & keeping it afloat on your own!!!

Oh & Im studying a bach of social science but because i cant get a daycare place for my youngest & doing all the work from home at moment centrelink dont see it as qualifying for cheap childcare..

holy crap!!! why are we working???? I just went back to work part time but cos I do night shift and weekends (and 1 day during week which my mum looks after the boys) we don't pay childcare, so it prob is worth it for us. BUT DH is doing uni part time via correspondence so he can still work and pay the bills. If we'd known he could do it full time and get us that much money he prob would have finished by now!!!!

But, I'm happy I'm working. I'd go crazy if i wasn't.
Posted by: Chiliwoman

Good on you bothboys!

well im glad i study so im up to your standard.

yes the money is reasonable and i am very thankful for the money i recieve.

VERY FEW people chose to be single mums, and too everybody that says 'oh it is better than what i get etc' let me just say i would give every cent i recieve form the government for my child to have a proper family.

meh spos we will always be good for nothing bludgers as far as some people are concerned

Posted by: allI*s_missymoo
Posted by: Chiliwoman

Good on you bothboys!

well im glad i study so im up to your standard.

yes the money is reasonable and i am very thankful for the money i recieve.

VERY FEW people chose to be single mums, and too everybody that says 'oh it is better than what i get etc' let me just say i would give every cent i recieve form the government for my child to have a proper family.

meh spos we will always be good for nothing bludgers as far as some people are concerned

You have taken something out of the context of the conversation. What i was talking about was the parents that are SAHM & put their kids into private day care situations & then whine about having to pay so much for it. I wish i could be a SAHM, but that is just not possible & if i was, then i certainly wouldnt be putting my kids into care so that people who are studying/working cant get postitions as is the case for one of the PP
My Apologises 'Chilliwoman' can you tell it is a sore spot for me??
i just get dont get why what Single parents get being anyone else's business, yes it is the tax payers money, but i have worked payed tax and am studying to get a good job that will pay a sh it load of tax.
Single mums stay at home as they see it as the best thing for their children, it is the people that are on the dole with no reason for not working that people should be sh itty at
ummmm - yes - got that feeling!! LOL
i agree with you - it is no-ones business, but i & the rest of society will always have an opinion on it! some feel that it is their god given right - they pay tax they get a say.

Right or wrong it is a mute point cause society will always just keep having their say - freedom of speech i beleive.

Sign in to follow this topic