Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How is it Lock Rss

Posted by: bothboys
And as i choose not to have debts- car loans, credit cards, etc, then i can live quiet conformtably on the money that i will get.

Good for you. Not everybody can CHOOSE not to have debts. I have a car loan, because my old car did not pass its last warrant and I was due to have a baby in 6 weeks. I NEED to have a car, as using public transport it would take me around 6 hours just to do my grocery shopping.

I don't know what it is like for you over there, but I am SOOOO grateful that medical services are free for children under 6, otherwise I would have had to get a credit card to pay for DD's hospital bills. I think you will find that a lot of people's debt is necessary, it's not just "I think I'll go out and HP a new plasma". They don't choose to have it, its just a part of life. Obviously not everyone is entitled to the same amount of money you are.

Posted by: Gigglespinkgiggles
I really think you should give it a try, its not as easy as you think.

I have done it when i had just DS1, obviously on a little less, coz of one child, but also rent was lower, and expenses less, and i managed fine, we were comfortable, DS did swimming, gymbaroo and other activities.

i by no means said it to upset anyone, I said that it would be easy for me to live on, and i asked how other struggle, i didnt come on here and gloat. Its obviously a topic that gets people very defensive.

Posted by: allI*s_missymoo
Posted by: WiShFulLThInKiNg
Posted by: ~*~Mummy_to_3~*~

Im a single mum of 3 and i get LESS than the OP in SPP & pay a hell of a lot more for daycare.
After rent, car payments, school costs, daycare fees, food, bills, savings towards bills, petrol, sports fees there is never anything left!!

Not easy street by any means running a house hold & keeping it afloat on your own!!!

Could be worse you could get nothing like some countries do. So why whinge..

i don't think she was whinging at all, i think bec was more stating that she isn't living the highlife and like other families that after expenses there isn't much left
[Edited on 03/03/2009]

DEFINETLY wasnt whinging. Just as Alli says stating that its not as good as most see it as a free handout on easy street.

YES i recieve a payment from the government every fortnight. And I realise that its fortunate I do as many people/countries have it far worse.
It is far from easy!!!

BUT, Im SOOooooooooooooo sick of people putting single mothers all in the one box regardless of circumstances etc.

This may come across harsh apologies in advance if it does.. but to the OP I know youve only been single for 2-3 days & this amount of money LOOKS like its great and that you wont struggle or have random unexpected expenses popup that you hadnt budgeted for... in 12-18mths from now how bout you check back in & tell us if its still so easy??!!

Off to get DS from soccer now back later.

Posted by: bothboys
I said that it would be easy for me to live on, and i asked how other struggle, i didnt come on here and gloat.

Other people struggle because their situation is different to yours. Coming on here and saying how much money you get given, and how easy it is for you to live on it, sounds a lot like gloating to me.

This may come across harsh apologies in advance if it does.. but to the OP I know youve only been single for 2-3 days & this amount of money LOOKS like its great and that you wont struggle or have random unexpected expenses popup that you hadnt budgeted for... in 12-18mths from now how bout you check back in & tell us if its still so easy??!!

Exactly!
bothboys I think you are rather rude to say what you have.

Once you ahve been on the pension for lets say a month and things are working out for you than come on and say that but before then I think it is just rude.

Also check those figures or have you got your cousin still with you and are you receiving a carers payment as they seem very high for SPP with 2 kids.

Bothboys. I'm glad you are getting things sorted since your split. I took your OP as an exrpession of relief that you would be able to manage on SPP- not a gloat. I hope things are looking up for you.

Wasnt harsh, as i said, i was a single parent before i was with DP, when i had just DS1, and I managed, so I know that i can do it again. I dont have any school expenses for my kids or any sort of cebt whatsoever, and im starting pretty much from zero with the bills and stuff, only the rent, which ex dp is still refusing to contribute to. And i guess i also have the advantage of a fully stocked fridge/cupboard/freezer so only need to top us shop for a while.

And as i said, i wasnt trying to start a fight or a big debate, I was just amazed that the government pays that amount, i was expecting it to be less, and thats all my poit was however, was obviously badly worded (guess that come from lack of adult conversation for the last few days).

Posted by: inlovewithhubby
bothboys I think you are rather rude to say what you have.

Once you ahve been on the pension for lets say a month and things are working out for you than come on and say that but before then I think it is just rude.

Also check those figures or have you got your cousin still with you and are you receiving a carers payment as they seem very high for SPP with 2 kids.

As ive repeatedly said, I have done it before, and managed then, so i know i will again.

My cousin is no longer here.

The figures since you all seem to assume they arent true are:

PPS + PES; $635.50 one week
Fam Tax A + B + Rent assistnace: $547.18 the other.

As i said i didnt come on here to gloat, I was actually amazed at the figures myself. And as i said before, perhaps my post was badly worded, but im not apologising for making the statement that the government pays a decent amount of money to people in my situation.

Edited coz i forgot to add that child support will effect the Family tax payment by a little, but no more than $230 per fortnight they told me, coz ex DP is a low income earner. And DS1's dad has never paid child support, so that isnt adjustable to his child support.

[Edited on 03/03/2009]

Posted by: Iziani
Bothboys. I'm glad you are getting things sorted since your split. I took your OP as an exrpession of relief that you would be able to manage on SPP- not a gloat. I hope things are looking up for you.

Thank youm this was exactly as it was intended, and it certainly wasnt to criticise other people.

Perhaps people who are sensative to the subject should just take it for what it was meant, which was a reflection of MY situation.

Holy Hell, hats off to ANYONE what can live on aprox $1100 per fn! We don't earn a lot, but I blow the budget most weeks earning more then that!

Hats off to the good budgeters, whether you be single or partnered!!
Well said Kate,Jaz and Zachy!

I totally agree

I LOVE BEING A MUMMY!

Sign in to follow this topic