Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Professional baby photos and photography

Professional baby photos and photography Lock Rss

Hi there,

I've been approached by countless number of professional photographers asking if I am interested in getting bub photographed etc.
I would like to get some nice photos done but does anyone have any advice/recommendations of some good ones (esp in Melb)? And how much does it usually cost? Also what age would be good ?

Thanks!

1st time Mum to Emily 7/2/06

Dont go to pixie !! It is worth the money to go to a proper stuido to have them done. That way you dont get any Anne Geddees wannabes that never will be.

Nth Qld 2 year old Shannon

Hi!

I agree with the don't try pixie and portrait place. I stumbled across a great photographer in Melbourne at my local chemist. His name is David Isreal and runs BIP Photography. His packages start from $110. I have included a link to his website. I had Lachlan done in three poses - including the black an white one that he has a sample of on his web page. If you like what you see and you live near Burwood he is coming back to the chemist soon!

Hope this helps.

http://www.digitalmadeeasy.com.au/pages/default.cfm?page_id=33261

you will also find the hospital photo people calling you soon too.

2 years later they are still bl*8dy calling me!!!! even though i say no every time!!
steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Not sure where you are from, but I know I have had a few photo 'shoots' with a place called GFP (Georges Frank Photography) in Spring Hill in Brisbane. They are pretty good photographers and while a package is pricey, the price is a lot more reasonable than Portrait Place or Pixie and the photos are better quality, and you'll find you aren't rushed through as fast. I guess you could also try looking up wedding photographers too - I know the woman who photographed our wedding also does family portraits and kids portraits etc.

James' Mum

Sign in to follow this topic