Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Postpartum bleeding - how long can it last??

Postpartum bleeding - how long can it last?? Lock Rss

My daughter is 5 months old and I have only had 3 weeks in total where I haven't been bleeding to some extent. I have been back on the pill for about 3 months but it doesn't seem to have helped. Has anyone experienced something similar?
My daughter is 6 weeks, and at about 4 weeks, I went into hospital for day surgery due to postpartum bleeding. I had to have a curette done. I was losing clotts of blood. To this day I am still bleeding and if it continues I have to go back to the doctors and have another ultrasound. Have been told I can't get any type of contraception (pill, implant in arm etc) due to the bleeding being all over the place and that I will have to wait till I get a regular period. Yours may be a different cause though, so maybe go back to your doctor and ask, you shouldn't be bleeding for that much time, that is a long time. And maybe if you aren't happy with your doctors opinion, get a second opinion. Though the choice is yours as to what you do. Goodluck

Heather
I was bleeding for around 9 weeks and had to have a couple of internal ultrasounds to determine if there was something amiss. The first found that a bit of my placenta remained (a tiny bit) the doc decided to do another u/s a few weeks later and found that it had all gone.

I would def recommend you to go to your dr and speak to them about it.

Cheers Jo

mum of 1

i think the pill made me bleed for about 2 months but aftre the baby it had stopped after about 7 weeks or so.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic