Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How long do you wait to put baby back into freshly painted room

How long do you wait to put baby back into freshly painted room Rss

Hi everyone

i painted Hannah's room and it still smells really strong. how long do you think i should wait before she sleeps in her room.????

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hello Chelby

My guess would be a couple of weeks, in the meantime have you tried leaving the window open as much as possibly to clear the smell?

all the best and i hope the smell goes soon

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

hi i painted my daughter's room and left the windows open for 2 days and the smell was gone and she was in there the next day with no problems.
hi i dont really know if its any good but ive read if you put some sliced up apple in the room it takes the smell away (i just read it on the net so take it or not)
bye
p.s. let me know what you come up with coz i hope to be painting away in a new bubs room, also is painting safe while pregnant?

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

Hi bubataz, I seem to do most of my painting while pregnant and it doesn't seem to have done any harm. I wouldn't use enamel paints (the really smelly ones) and you need to be careful while up ladders etc. I am 26 weeks now and I just painted Ashley's room (14 months), being up the ladder killed my legs but I was able to put her back in there the next day, we'd left everything open and the smell is pretty much gone!

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

hi
i finished painting Hannah's room on saturday and have opened the windows everyday and the smell seems to have pretty much gone.
i tried the apples and it made her room smell yummy smile

i closed the windows today at 3pm and shut the door. then went back in her room just now 6pm and i think i will put hannah back in her cot tonight

Bubataz
years ago painting while prgnant was a huge no no because paint had lead in it.

just check out the ingredients of the paint if you are worried. an keep the room well aired while you are painting. although it made me a bit dizzy and i got a headache from paint from the fumes just be careful.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hi chelby
im glad the apples worked, i didnt think they would!thanks for the paint advice will keep it in mind
bye

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

the apples are a great idea i've written that down in my little black book of ideas (which is fairly empty at the moment LOL)

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

I'm always amazed that something so simple can be so effective. In an age where we spend hundreds of dollars on new, chemical products, an apple can do the trick for a few cents. Now that was great advice!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

yeah know what you mean.

i've recently (well in the last 7 months) bought enyo stuff i dont like having chemicals in the house.

less chance of anything bad happening since my daughter is at the oh wow lets open everything up and empty the cupboards bear and eat everything that we find....

explore eat and poop is all she seems to do.. LMAO

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Sign in to follow this topic