Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. dont let this happen to your baby too

dont let this happen to your baby too Lock Rss

Hey guys -
like most of you we thought since AJ was our second we were pretty baby proof. This week AJ who is almost 10 months has had a facination with a curtain covering a panel of glass beside th frint door. Its only about 40cm wide. I kept lifting it up and putting it on the shelf and my hubby without knowing would put it back down. He had been caught with it in his mouth by his dad and when I out it out of reach like I do I found some black things trailing out of the "piping" its a sheer curtain. My heart sank when I realised it was infact tiny lead beads about half the size of a grain of rice. I purchased this curtain myself from spotlight about 4years ago. as it was less than a metre o fabric there was no "dead giveaway" weight to it. WE are both nurses and all we could think of was oh my god what if he swallowed some. We got him xrayed and it was so thankfully all clear, although this really only means that he didnt swallow any in the past 24 hrs. Even the staff at the hospital couldnt believe that this curtain contained any kind of bead - we took it with us and there is no way of telling. AJ only has his four front teeth but still managed to get the beads exposed.
I hope you dont mind this lengthy post but PLEASE go round and check any curtain that has a rolled or piped edge.
ta
bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

im so glad your little man is alright. thats terrible that they can sell it like that!

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

I'm glad your little man is okay! It's amazing what they can get into huh! My 7 month old loves playing with and sucking the curtains, I've just checked them out now and they're okay!
Thanks Bec, we have to be constantly on guard huh!

This new forum is strange ...

Sign in to follow this topic