Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How mucj can I expect to pay????

How mucj can I expect to pay???? Lock Rss

My kids are getting their first haircuts - yes at 5 &3!!! - DD1s really only needs the tiniest bit cut as its all growing at different ratesso its all wispy and needs tidying up.

DS just needs a trim, how much should it cost??? I didn't think to ask when I made the appointment
I take Logie to a "kids only" hairdresser where they sit in cars and planes instead of chairs, and it is $17!!!!
I pay $8.00 for Monique and she is 4!

I pay $13.50 here for DD1..
In Townsville when we were on holidays, I think I paid about $18!!
sometimes it goes by age but I used to charge $9 each for kids 0-7 yrs old, but its gone up now so anywhere from $10-$15.

Thank goodness you replied moniques mum, I nearly died at Pollytoots reply!!! lol Was thinking I could attempt it myself for that price!!!

I was thinking around $10 each at the most so would happy with something around that amount.
Normally I just shave Lukes but its quite long now and I want a proper cut for once
I know alot of people freak out about the cost of kids cuts but the thing that you have to remember is the time it takes to do it, it will usually take about 15 mins each and in 30 mins to cut 2 kids hair they could have cut a ladies hair for $45 so thats why some places can charge $18 for a kids cut.

Im just glad I can cut my own sons hair and my DH!!!

YIPPEE!!! So I am not the only person with a 3 year old who has never had a hair cut!! lol

I have been thinking DD needs one. She doesn't have much hair but hers is a bit wispy too. I only want those bits cut off but I know they will take more and I will then be devastated!! I just don't know if I can do it! lol

My babies are all grown up sad

Posted by: ~*LoVe*My3*MoNkEyS*~
Thank goodness you replied moniques mum, I nearly died at Pollytoots reply!!! lol Was thinking I could attempt it myself for that price!!!

I was thinking around $10 each at the most so would happy with something around that amount.
Normally I just shave Lukes but its quite long now and I want a proper cut for once

I also got a shock to see the prices that everyone else is paying lol
I would attempt to do it myself if i had to pay that much as well.

I use to go to Just Cuts, but last time they charged me $19 to cut DS's hair (he's 6). Think I'll go somewhere cheaper next time!
Posted by: nome
YIPPEE!!! So I am not the only person with a 3 year old who has never had a hair cut!! lol

I have been thinking DD needs one. She doesn't have much hair but hers is a bit wispy too. I only want those bits cut off but I know they will take more and I will then be devastated!! I just don't know if I can do it! lol
LOL!!! She has these horrid thin rat tails down to her shoulders but the rest is short! Very slowly growing, hoping if the back gets cut it might start to gro evenly!

Its a different hair dresses to where I normally go as the other couldn't fit them in and the lady looked at me funny when I asked for Charlies cut as there is nothing there!!!! LOL

Oh well off to take some 'before & after' shots and best go do it!
All done and it cost $10 each so not too bad, their hair looks great though call me a cranky old wench but I wasn;t happy with the service!
They advertise as a family friendly haridresser but there was no warmth towards the kids, just 'sit in the chair, out your head down, look up, KEEP STILL'! Wish I had have just waited and gone to my regular one as she knows the kids and is so nice, the kids - Charlotte especially was soooooooooo excited and she ended up looking scared the way the lady spoke to her, Luke even asked that next time we go back to Sue (my normal one) I think we definitely will!
Sign in to follow this topic