Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Finding out your baby's sex... Lock Rss

Hi all!

I've just had my 20 week scan and we were hoping to find out the sex of the baby. Well, it wasn't really cooperating but the ultrasounder said she thought it was a girl and when I asked how sure she was she said 80%.
Now it really doesn't matter to us either way but I'd like to go out and buy girly things if I can!LOL

Just wanted to know if you found out the sex of your baby how sure they were and were they right!?

Thanks!
I have wanted to know with all 3 of mine but they havent co'operated lol, #1 the ultrasound lady said she thought bub was a girl but really couldnt get a good look, She was right, I had a baby girl but then it could only go two ways right lol!!!
Posted by: my3bubs
I have wanted to know with all 3 of mine but they havent co'operated lol, #1 the ultrasound lady said she thought bub was a girl but really couldnt get a good look, She was right, I had a baby girl but then it could only go two ways right lol!!!

Yeah, good guess? LOL
I was told my first was a boy & they were right. I had my scan a few weeks ago & having a girl, at first it was hard to see & she said only about 80%, but then she opened her legs at the end & we got a better look. They won't usually say 100%.....but she told us she was pretty certain! They look for the dangly parts for a boy & a girl there is none with 3 small lines (looks like a little hamburger)

mel

Yep, this is exactly what happened with me. At the 20 week scan I got told probably a girl, 80%. Fortunately (well, I tried to look at it this way at the time) my baby was measuring a bit on the small side so my MW wanted more scans to ensure she continued growing at a healthy rate. The 24 week scan I was told they couldn't tell at all, but at the 28 week scan I was told "yep, it's a girl" and she pointed out the various bits... they were right.

I've never actually known anyone to have gotten it wrong. I know people who know people who have had it wrong, though.
We found out and they said it was a boy and she took a photo of that part. But i still had in the back of my mind that they could of got it wrong.
We got our boy so i was happy.

Ours were right both times, but I never believed it 100% til the evidence was in front of me! lol

Posted by: JennaLJ
I never believed it 100% til the evidence was in front of me! lol

I was the same, kept thinking that they said a boy and i went and brought all boy clothes what happens if they got it wrong. Even with the photos i keep looking at it to make sure.
I probably be the same when i get pregnant again.

We found out both times, and both times the sonographer was correct - but at the time of the scan I asked for "proof" so she took a photo of the boy bits so I could see.

Admittedly though girls are harder to see. I know of 2 ladies that were told "girl" and had boys!

80% is a pretty high chance of being correct, but as the PP have said - the only time you can be 100% is when that baby is born smile

I would still buy some pink - just dont get too carried away? And buy one blue outfit just in case smile
I found out with all four of mine, and they were right with three of them. With DS1 they were wrong. We had the sonographer tell us that they were 80% sure we were having a girl. Being our first baby, we still took it as gospel and shopped up big for pink. Was quite a shock a few months later when he was born, LOL.

With the other three, they were all right. But I never trusted them totally again and always bought neutral colours just in case!!
I got told 99% girl lol, and they were right. I guess in the back of your mid you are always going to worry,

I would by unisex and girls stuff. Or put some money away to buy a few pink extras once she arrives smile
They told me they were almost 100% confident both times mine were boys and they were. Then again I saw the balls and penis for my own eyes on the screen both times and its a bit hard to mistake those parts for a girl hehe
Sign in to follow this topic