Huggies Forum

some people!! Lock Rss

i went shopping this morning, there was a lady with 3 kidswandering around. 2 of them clearly had chicken pox spots all over them! grrrr why take them out???
i didn't think that they were contagious by the time the spots came out. perhaps it was towards the end of it and the kids were suffering a bit of cabin fever? having said that i don't know what i would do in that woman's position however i obviously wouldn't take them out if they were still not well enough or were contagious
sometimes you don't have a choice, and you HAVE to make a trips to the shops and the kids have to come. I do agree though, if it is at all possible, I try to leave them home
Ummmm maybe she doesn't have anyone to mind them?? I assume she still needs to eat?? I was alone when my three boys had CP and I had to take them to the shops when I needed stuff, I had no choice, there was no one else to have them.

Besides you're highly unlikely to catch them unless you come into contact with the fluid from the blisters. So if the blisters have already burst there is minimal chance of them being spread. And even if they haven't burst, you would need to have skin to skin contact with the child.

But anyway, as I said, she most likely had no choice but to take them out.
Maybe they weren't contagious anymore??

I kept Ryan out of public when he was contagious with CP but after the last spot scabs they are no longer contagious (generally 10days from first spot). It took over a week for his scabs to fall off and even then he still looked a bit spotty for a week after that but he wasn't contagious and I took him out looking spotty. ?????????
Like others have said maybe she didnt have a choice. She could be a single mum with noone to watch the kids for her. I know if my kids had CP and i had to go to the shop they would be with me.

ETA, I get so annoyed with people who complain about strangers when they dont even know their circumstances. Why be so judgemental when u dont know what her situation is?
[Edited on 05/06/2009]
yep fair enough if she was getting groceries but she was wandering around big w
Whether you had no body else to watch your children is not an excuse.. I would never take ds out if he has CP. Surley i could find something in my fridge, the shopping can wait. What if the child is scratching blisters then touches something in the shops wouldnt the germs pass on from that?
Just stay home unless your heading to the doctors..
Posted by: Rainbow*Mum
Like others have said maybe she didnt have a choice. She could be a single mum with noone to watch the kids for her. I know if my kids had CP and i had to go to the shop they would be with me.

ETA, I get so annoyed with people who complain about strangers when they dont even know their circumstances. Why be so judgemental when u dont know what her situation is?
[Edited on 05/06/2009]

you get annoyed with people being judgemental and not knowing their circumstances??? what if i got chicken pox with the risks due to being pregnant??

and im pretty sure you dont need to direct contact.
The OP is pregnant and if i was in her shoes i would be greatly worried for the health and saftey of my unborn child. Calling her judgemental because she doesnt know the other persons situation.. if my child has something highly contagious and could put an unborn babies life in danger, i think id skip a trip to big W and save it till my child is better...
Posted by: *S2*My*SPuNKy*MoNKeY*
Whether you had no body else to watch your children is not an excuse.. I would never take ds out if he has CP. Surley i could find something in my fridge, the shopping can wait. What if the child is scratching blisters then touches something in the shops wouldnt the germs pass on from that?
Just stay home unless your heading to the doctors..

Ummmm, yes, having no one else to watch my kids is an excuse. And seeing as my boys got CP in a staggered way, ie. DS1 got it, then a few days later DS2 got it and DS3 followed a few days after that, I would have had to stay home for weeks.

DS3 was only 11months old at the time and I needed formula for him, not to mention bread and milk and other necessities. I wont feel bad about needing things, nor will I apologise. We stayed home other than that, BJ and Lachie didn't go to daycare. My trips to the shops were as quick as I could make them, I ran in and ran out.

And you know what?? I didn't ask for my kids to get CP, someone gave it to them, probably by not keeping their kids at home, but such is life, I had to deal with it!!
what if they just received a call from NASA and we're on the next shuttle out to Uranus and felt that they needed a trip to Big W for some appropriate attire??

what if the only cure for this rare strain of the chicken pox was to wander around Big W??

what if she thought the pox blisters were the latest trend going round??

what if what if what if
Sign in to follow this topic