Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. how would you feel-am i bad for not going?

how would you feel-am i bad for not going? Lock Rss

hi ladies how are you today.ok cut long story after not been well for a long time my grandma finally passed away very early this morning.now i live in brisbane but she lived in christchurch nzmy dilemma is as the funeral is the sat afternoon,after a lot of thinking soul searching etc i have decided not to go.mainly because since its still school hols over there it is very expensive to fly,would only be there for 2 half days,cost all up inc accom flights etc be over thousand dollars.now i am really struggling with this i wish i could have a sign to say its ok that i wont be there,shes my mums mum,my mum passed away 26 yrs ago when i was 14.i feel so very guilty and not sure if im doing the right thing by not going,i just cry when i think of her,havent seen her for bout 5 yrs since went bak.i can leave kids with their daddy ,my dh but find it hard to justify spending our familys money for such a short time.would love yre advice wat wld u do,am i a bad person for not going.love to hear shell.

shell 4yr old & 16mth

If you don't go you might regret not going. Just take some time to think about it.
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your grandma.

Posted by: purplechero
If you don't go you might regret not going. Just take some time to think about it.
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your grandma.

I have to agree hun. I think you just need to look at how you will feel if you miss it. It might be good to get some family support too. So sorry to hear about your Grandma xx
I agree with the others, I think you may find you regret it in time to come. Your family would probably love to see you there and you'll have the support of loved ones by your side. As long as you can afford it I really think you should go.
I didn't go to my uncles funeral going back 10 years ago now. I chose not to because I decided it would be better to remember the good times we had. This man was like a father to me, and to this day I regret having not gone. Going to the funeral is part of the greiving process, and it is a time when you can actually see and accept that they have passed.

I strongly suggest that you should go. This is definately not the time to worry about money! Money comes and goes, but when family are gone, they are gone.

By the sounds of your post, I think you need to go.

I agree with others although you cant justify now you may regret your decisiion later..

I think you need to go it will give you closure..

You can always earn money and replace what you spend.
You will never get the chance to say goodbye properly like this.
if you think you will regret it later on down the track, then you should go. It is not a bad thing though if you do not go, you can say goodbye to her in your own way where you are.
Sign in to follow this topic