Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Does size matter.....? Lock Rss

Doesn't worry me at all. My partner got my engagement ring from an antique shop somewhere in Brissie. I don't think he paid a great deal of money for it. When I eventually get married, the ring will most likely be something plain and simple and nothing over the top. Not a big fan of my chunky rings anyway.
I soooo dont think it matters! My engagement ring cost a grand total of about $300 and my wedding band (plain white gold band) cost $100 both are very simple as in my line of work i have to wear medical gloves and nothings worse than trying to get some gloves on in a hurry and ripping the damn things on my rings lol But i also like plain and im a real scot lol i HATE spending money if i dont have to! tongue

Nope. All that mattered to me was that my DH spent the time and effort to try to find something he thought I would love.
Posted by: ~Boy-0-Boy~
Nope. All that mattered to me was that my DH spent the time and effort to try to find something he thought I would love.

same here smile]
at least you're honest mars smile it's one thing to think it but it's completely over the line to say it
I think it's quite sad this other friend has based her marriage on the size of a diamond. I guess some people marry for money (or the 'look of money'), some marry for love.
Of course big bling is nice (who wouldn't love a big rock lol), but to say to someone they wouldn't even get engaged if the ring was small shows what they are truly like. Poor so called husband is all I think!
Tell your friend not to worry, there are people out there like that who can't help but brag and try to be 'better' (apparently expensive things show you are better....lol), but these people are actually the poor sad ones.
Haha a jewelery mailer came last week. I showed him a page of rings worth $200-$500 and said it doesnt have to be expensive its the thought that counts, I told him he could easily layby one with out me knowing (i was joking around in a serious kind of way lol)

We will see if anything comes of that haha

I didn't even want one, we have pounamu (greenstone) necklaces. My wedding band was around $100 (gold) and hubby's is silver he didn't want gold.
I picked mine out, on special for $600 I love it to bits.

TBH if DP had spent 7k on a ring I would be really angry as that could go towards a deposit for a house.

I would also be way too scared to wear it

Posted by: CaTieKinz
I picked mine out, on special for $600 I love it to bits.

TBH if DP had spent 7k on a ring I would be really angry as that could go towards a deposit for a house.

I would also be way too scared to wear it

Exactly $7k now days is soooo much money for most people.

I dont know how anyone could justify spending that on a ring!!!!!!!!!!
Wow that is so so shallow!!! I hope that friend really does love her DF and not just how big her ring is lol

I don't think it matters, i do like looking at my rings and i can see how much thought DH put into it though. He knows exactly what i love and my rings arebeautiful. Love to show them off lol
ditto! ive had a ring worth 4500, from my ex hubby, was an eternity ring, just weeks before i left him... i sold it for 800... had only been worn a few times, i loved the ring to pieces. but i never wore it, i was far far too scared.

my 21st bday (replacement) ring is worth a little over 2400, but only paid 1500, and i love that ring! gets worn everywhere. des bought me that one. i pretend its a engagement and people dont question it when worn with my wedding ring, but anyone that knows me knows what it was truelly from!

Sign in to follow this topic